Baroness Murphy was formerly a Professor of Psychiatry in London and is now Secretary to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Mental Health.
The UK government’s new mental health strategy: uncosted and unrealistic. A personal perspective
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 65, Issue 10, pages 1023–1025, October 2011
How to Cite
Murphy, E. (2011), The UK government’s new mental health strategy: uncosted and unrealistic. A personal perspective. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 65: 1023–1025. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2011.02734.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2011
- 1HMG/DH. No Health without Mental Health: A Cross-Government Mental Health Outcomes Strategy for People of All Ages. London. 2 February 2011. Gateway reference: 14679.
- 2Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health. The Economic and Social Costs of Mental Illness. 2003. Policy paper: 3.
- 3Knapp M, McDaid D, Parsonage M, eds. ‘Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention: the Economic Case. Department of Health, London. 2011. Gateway reference: 15972.
- 4Department of Health. The Family Nurse Partnership Programme. 2009. Gateway reference: 14671
- 5Department of Education. Early Intervention Grant Determination 2011–12 [No31/1879]. 2011.
- 6White Paper to Hand Mental Health Commissioning to Gps, but Most Don't Have Necessary Expertise. http://www.rethink.org/how_we_can_help/news_-and_media/index.html (accessed July 2010).