Disclosures None of the authors have any financial connections with the tobacco or electronic cigarette industries. JF has worked as a paid consultant for companies involved in the production of pharmaceutical products as aids to smoking cessation (e.g. Cypress Bioscience, GSK, Novartis, Pfizer).
Electronic cigarettes (e-cigs): views of aficionados and clinical/public health perspectives
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 65, Issue 10, pages 1037–1042, October 2011
How to Cite
Foulds, J., Veldheer, S. and Berg, A. (2011), Electronic cigarettes (e-cigs): views of aficionados and clinical/public health perspectives. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 65: 1037–1042. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2011.02751.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2011
- Paper received May 2011, accepted June 2011
- 4Clinical laboratory model for evaluating the effects of electronic “cigarettes”. 17th Annual meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco. Toronto, Canada, 2011., , et al.
- 6Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes) as Potential Tobacco Harm Reduction Products: results of an Online Survey of e-Cigarette Users. 2009; Available at: http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/wpapers/011.htm. Accessed 9 May 2011., , , , .
- 9Smoking Everywhere Inc. and Sottera Inc. v. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Civil Case No. 09-771. Memorandum Opinion, 14 January 2010. Downloaded 16 May 2011 from: http://www.casaa.org/files/SE-vs-FDA-Opinion.pdf
- 10“It Sounds Like the Replacement I Need to Help me Stop Smoking”: use and Acceptability of “e-Cigarettes” Among UK Smokers. 12th annual meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco Europe. Bath, UK, 2010..
- 11BBC News England. Gateshead Doctor Calls for Research Into “e-Cigarettes”. Available at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12887335. Accessed 9 May 2011.
- 13Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Evaluation of e-cigarettes. 2009; Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ScienceResearch/UCM173250.pdf. Accessed 9 May 2011.