Disclosures Jenö P. Marton, MD, Kelly H. Zou, PhD and Richard J. Willke, PhD are employees of Pfizer Inc. Karen Yeomans, BSc, Krista A. Payne, MEd, Elizabeth P. Merikle, PhD, Irina Proskorovsky, MSc and Qian Li, PhD are employees of United BioSource Corporation, which received payment from Pfizer for research and consulting services associated with this manuscript.
Smoking, smoking cessation and smoking relapse patterns: a web-based survey of current and former smokers in the US
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 65, Issue 10, pages 1043–1054, October 2011
How to Cite
Yeomans, K., Payne, K. A., Marton, J. P., Merikle, E. P., Proskorovsky, I., Zou, K. H., Li, Q. and Willke, R. J. (2011), Smoking, smoking cessation and smoking relapse patterns: a web-based survey of current and former smokers in the US. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 65: 1043–1054. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2011.02758.x
Access to study data The study data that support the publication were circulated to all authors in the form of table shells, charts and figures.
Research ethics The study was approved by a central IRB prior to initiation. All participants were preregistered members of the YouGov panel and provided confirmation of consent prior to completing the survey. Residents of California were shown the California Experimental Subjects’ Bill of Rights as part of the online consent process.
Prior Publication The submitted work is not published, in press or currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Prevalence of unassisted quit attempts in population-based studies: A systematic review of the literature, Addictive Behaviors, 2014, 39, 3, 512, , , ,
- 2Relapse among Cigarette Smokers: The CARDIA longitudinal study - 1985–2011, Addictive Behaviors, 2014, 39, 1, 101, , , , , , , ,
- 3Web-based survey on smoking cessation behaviors of current and former smokers in Japan, Current Medical Research and Opinion, 2014, 1, , , ,
- 4Smoking Cessation Treatment and Outcomes Patterns Simulation: A New Framework for Evaluating the Potential Health and Economic Impact of Smoking Cessation Interventions, PharmacoEconomics, 2013, 31, 9, 767, , , , , , , ,
- 5Population-based survey of cessation aids used by Swedish smokers, Harm Reduction Journal, 2012, 9, 1, 38,
- 6Reaching out, inviting back: using Interactive voice response (IVR) technology to recycle relapsed smokers back to Quitline treatment – a randomized controlled trial, BMC Public Health, 2012, 12, 1, 507, , , , , , ,