Disclosures The authors state no conflict of interest and have received no payment in preparation of this manuscript. Some of the authors (EL, DM, HM and EM) have given talks, attended conferences and participated in trials and advisory boards sponsored by various pharmaceutical companies.
Comparison of the effects of simvastatin vs. rosuvastatin vs. simvastatin/ezetimibe on parameters of insulin resistance
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 65, Issue 11, pages 1141–1148, November 2011
How to Cite
Moutzouri, E., Liberopoulos, E., Mikhailidis, D. P., Kostapanos, M. S., Kei, A. A., Milionis, H. and Elisaf, M. (2011), Comparison of the effects of simvastatin vs. rosuvastatin vs. simvastatin/ezetimibe on parameters of insulin resistance. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 65: 1141–1148. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2011.02779.x
- Issue published online: 14 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2011
- 7Effects of rosuvastatin combined with olmesartan, irbesartan, or telmisartan on indices of glucose metabolism in Greek adults with impaired fasting glucose, hypertension, and mixed hyperlipidemia: a 24-week, randomized, open-label, prospective study. Clin Ther 2010; 32: 492–505., , et al.
- 8Ezetimibe Study Group A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, factorial design study to evaluate the lipid-altering efficacy and safety profile of the ezetimibe/simvastatin tablet compared with ezetimibe and simvastatin monotherapy in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia. Clin Ther 2004; 26: 1758–73., , et al.,
- 14National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation 2002; 106: 3143–421.
- 27Inhibition by simvastatin, but not pravastatin, of glucose-induced cytosolic Ca2+ signalling and insulin secretion due to blockade of L-type Ca2+ channels in rat islet beta-cells. Br J Pharmacol 1999; 126: 1205–13., , , .