Clinical trial registration: NCT00736099; ClinicalTrials.gov.
Long-term safety and efficacy of linagliptin as monotherapy or in combination with other oral glucose-lowering agents in 2121 subjects with type 2 diabetes: up to 2 years exposure in 24-week phase III trials followed by a 78-week open-label extension
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 66, Issue 8, pages 731–740, August 2012
How to Cite
Gomis, R., Owens, D. R., Taskinen, M.-R., Del Prato, S., Patel, S., Pivovarova, A., Schlosser, A. and Woerle, H.-J. (2012), Long-term safety and efficacy of linagliptin as monotherapy or in combination with other oral glucose-lowering agents in 2121 subjects with type 2 diabetes: up to 2 years exposure in 24-week phase III trials followed by a 78-week open-label extension. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 66: 731–740. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2012.02975.x
Disclosures The authors meet criteria for authorship as recommended by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, were fully responsible for all content and editorial decisions and were involved at all stages of manuscript development.
Data from this study were previously presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, Lisbon, Portugal, 12–16 September 2011 (OP 242).
RG, M-RT and SDP have received honoraria for attending meetings, consultancy fees, speaker fees and/or travel grants from Boehringer Ingelheim. DRO has received honoraria for attending meetings and travel grants from Boehringer Ingelheim. SP, AP, AS, and H-JW are employees of Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 3Linagliptin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a drug safety evaluation, Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, 2014, 1,
- 4Linagliptin: An Update of Its Use in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Drugs, 2014, 74, 16, 1927,
- 5Antihyperglycemic Drug Therapy in Patients with Diabetes and CKD: A Closer Look at Incretin-Based Therapies, Endocrine Practice, 2013, 19, s1, 19,
- 6Effect of Vildagliptin on Glucose and Insulin Concentrations During a 24-Hour Period in Type 2 Diabetes Patients with Different Ranges of Baseline Hemoglobin A1c Levels, Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, 2013, 15, 7, 564, , , , , , , ,
- 7Efficacy and safety of Jentadueto® (linagliptin plus metformin), Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, 2013, 12, 2, 275,
- 8Incretin-Based Therapies: Focus on Effects Beyond Glycemic Control Alone, Diabetes Therapy, 2013, 4, 2, 221,
- 10Linagliptin plus metformin: a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation, Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism & Toxicology, 2013, 9, 3, 363,
- 11Linagliptin: farmacology, efficacy and safety in type 2 diabetes treatment, Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, 2013, 5, 1, 25, , , ,
- You have free access to this content12
- 13The Placement of DPP-4 Inhibitors in Clinical Practice Recommendations for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes, Endocrine Practice, 2013, 19, 6, 1050,
- 14Linagliptin, Drugs, 2012, 72, 13, 1793,
- 15Long-term linagliptin effective treatment for Type 2 diabetes, Springer Healthcare News, 2012, 1, 1
- 16Use of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor linagliptin in combination therapy for type 2 diabetes, Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, 2012, 13, 18, 2663,