Disclosure NS, ARS, and AT have no conflict of interests to declare. KK is the Lead for the NHS Classification of Diabetes (CoD) task group. SdeL, is the Informatics work-task lead for the NHS Diabetes CoD task group.
Evaluating tools to support a new practical classification of diabetes: excellent control may represent misdiagnosis and omission from disease registers is associated with worse control
Article first published online: 12 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 66, Issue 9, pages 874–882, September 2012
How to Cite
Hassan Sadek, N., Sadek, A.-R., Tahir, A., Khunti, K., Desombre, T. and de Lusignan, S. (2012), Evaluating tools to support a new practical classification of diabetes: excellent control may represent misdiagnosis and omission from disease registers is associated with worse control. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 66: 874–882. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2012.02979.x
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 12 JUL 2012
- Paper received April 2012, accepted May 2012
- 5Vault, cloud and agent: choosing strategies for quality improvement and research based on routinely collected health data. Inform Prim Care 2010; 18: 1–4., , .
- 6Computerised routinely collected primary care data: essential for patient access to records, quality improvement and research. Inform Prim Care 2010; 18: 5–7..
- 9RCGP NHS Diabetes. Coding, Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes. Leicester: Prontaprint, 2011.
- 10MIQUEST User Manuals and queries data extraction: IAPT Study. In: Clinical Informatics SGsUoL, editor, 2010.
- 16Key Methods in Geography. London: Sage Publications, 2003..
- 19A system for solution-orientated reporting of errors associated with the extraction of routinely collected clinical data for research and quality improvement. Stud Health Technol Inform 2010; 160(Pt 1): 724–8., , , , , .
- 20User Manual for MIQUEST Data Extraction PCI-MH-08 Query Set. Primary Care Informatics, St. George’s University of London. http://www.clininf.eu/iapt.html [Accessed June 2012], , .
- 21Online resources for chronic kidney disease (CKD) for primary care. Inform Prim Care 2006; 14: 139–42., , .
- 23YouTube, Classification of Diabetes toolkit. http://www.youtube.com/user/CoDAuditToolkit#p/ Accessed June 2012]