ClinicalTrials. gov identifier: NCT00842387
Structured management strategy based on the Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Questionnaire (GerdQ) vs. usual primary care for GERD: pooled analysis of five cluster-randomised European studies
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 66, Issue 9, pages 897–905, September 2012
How to Cite
Ponce, J., Garrigues, V., Agréus, L., Tabaglio, E., Gschwantler, M., Guallar, E., Tafalla, M., Nuevo, J. and Hatlebakk, J. (2012), Structured management strategy based on the Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Questionnaire (GerdQ) vs. usual primary care for GERD: pooled analysis of five cluster-randomised European studies. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 66: 897–905. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2012.02992.x
Disclosures During the last 2 years, Julio Ponce and Vicente Garrigues have received advisory fees from AstraZeneca. Lars Agréus has received an unrestricted research grant from AstraZeneca. Erminio Tabaglio and Jan Hatlebakk have no conflicts of interest to declare. Michael Gschwantler has received lecture and consulting fees from AstraZeneca. Eliseo Guallar has received grant support from AstraZeneca. Monica Tafalla and Javier Nuevo are current (or former) employees of AstraZeneca.
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2012
- 1The Montreal definition and classification of gastroesophageal reflux disease: a global evidence-based consensus. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 1900–20., , et al.Direct Link:
- 12Guidelines for the diagnostic and therapeutic management of patients with gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. A position statement of The Italian Association of Hospital Gastroenterologists (AIGO), Italian Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (SIED), and Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE). Ital J Gastroenterol Hepatol 1998; 30: 107–12., , .
- 14Brazilian consensus on gastroesophageal reflux disease: proposals for assessment, classification, and management. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 241–8., , et al.Direct Link:
- 17Management of patients with GERD. Clinical practice guideline. 2008 update. Clinical Practice Guideline Working Group on GERD [in Spanish]. Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009; 32: 431–64., , et al.
- 23Structured management strategy versus usual care for gastroesophageal reflux disease: rationale for pooled analysis of five European cluster-randomized trials. Therap Adv Gastroenterol 2011; 4: 11–26., , et al.