Disclosures Stephen Johnston, David Smith and Kathleen Wilson are employees of Thomson Reuters, which was paid by Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc., to conduct this study. Stephen Janning is an employee of GlaxoSmithKline. Gabriel Haas, Stan Bukofzer, GinaMarie Reckard and Shun-Ping Quan are employees of Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc.
Comparative persistence and adherence to overactive bladder medications in patients with and without diabetes
Article first published online: 16 OCT 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 66, Issue 11, pages 1042–1051, November 2012
How to Cite
Johnston, S., Janning, S. W., Haas, G. P., Wilson, K. L., Smith, D. M., Reckard, G., Quan, S.-P. and Bukofzer, S. (2012), Comparative persistence and adherence to overactive bladder medications in patients with and without diabetes. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 66: 1042–1051. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2012.03009.x
- Issue published online: 16 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 16 OCT 2012
- 2Prevalence of overactive bladder and incontinence in Canada. Can J Urol 2004; 11: 2278–84., .
- 6The impact of overactive bladder, incontinence and other lower urinary tract symptoms on quality of life, work productivity, sexuality and emotional well-being in men and women: results from the EPIC study. BJU Int 2008; 101: 1388–95., , et al.
- 10Concordance, adherence and compliance in medicine taking. Report for the National Co-ordinating Centre for NHS Service Delivery and Organisation R & D (NCCSDO). 2005. http://www.medslearning.leeds.ac.uk/pages/documents/useful_docs/76-final-report%5B1%5D.pdf (accessed 22 July 2011)., , et al.
- 11World Health Organization. Adherence to Long-Term Therapies: Evidence for Action. 2003. http://www.who.int/chp/knowledge/publications/adherence_full_report.pdf (accessed 22 July 2011).
- 14Challenges for managing overactive bladder and guidance for patient support. Am J Manag Care 2009; 15: S118–22., , et al.
- 15New England Healthcare Institute (NEHI). Thinking Outside the Pillbox: A System-Wide Approach to Improving Patient Medication Adherence for Chronic Disease. 2009. http://www.nehi.net/publications/44/thinking_outside_the_pillbox_a_systemwide_approach_to_improving_patient_medication_adherence_for_chronic_disease (accessed 22 July 2011).
- 22Persistence, adherence, and switch rates among extended-release and immediate-release overactive bladder medications in a regional managed care plan. J Manag Care Pharm 2008; 14: 291–301., , et al.
- 27Comparing adherence and persistence across 6 chronic medication classes. J Manag Care Pharm 2009; 15: 728–40., , et al.