David A Bradt, MD, MPH, FACEM, FAFPHM, FAAEM, DTM&H, Honorary Physician; Peter Aitken, MB BS, FACEM, EMDM, M ClinED, Senior Staff Specialist, Associate Professor.
Disaster medicine reporting: The need for new guidelines and the CONFIDE statement
Article first published online: 8 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Authors. EMA © 2010 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 22, Issue 6, pages 483–487, December 2010
How to Cite
Bradt, D. A. and Aitken, P. (2010), Disaster medicine reporting: The need for new guidelines and the CONFIDE statement. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 22: 483–487. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-6723.2010.01342.x
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 8 DEC 2010
- 1US National Library of Medicine. Disaster Information Management Research Center. [Cited 1 Sep 2010.] Available from URL: http://disasterinfo.nlm.nih.gov
- 2Three decades of disasters: a review of disaster-specific literature from 1977–2009. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2009; 24: 306–11., , , , .
- 3Evidence-based decision-making (part 1): origins and evolution in the health sciences. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2009; 24: 298–305..
- 4Evidence-based decision-making (part 2): applications in disaster relief operations. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2009; 24: 479–92..
- 5Humanitarian Response Review. New York and Geneva: United Nations, 2005., , , .
- 7The Gujarat earthquake (2001) experience in a seismically unprepared area: community hospital medical response. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2002; 17: 186–95., , , .
- 9Foreign Field Hospitals in the Recent Sudden-Onset Disasters in Iran, Haiti, Indonesia, and Pakistan. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2008; 23: 144–51., , , .
- 10A reassessment and review of the Bam earthquake five years onward: what was done wrong? Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2009; 24: 453–60., , , .
- 15SundnesKO, BirnbaumML, eds. Health Disaster Management Guidelines for Evaluation and Research in the Utstein Style. The World Association for Disaster and Emergency Medicine. [Cited 1 Sep 2010.] Available from URL: http://www.wadem.org/guidelines.html
- 16Emergency Medicine Australasia. Author Guidelines. [Cited 1 Sep 2010.] Available from URL: http://www.wiley.com/bw/submit.asp?ref=1742-6731&site=1