Toby Freeman, PhD, Senior Research Officer; Ann M Roche, PhD, Director, NCETA; Paul Williamson, PhD, Lecturer; Ken Pidd, PhD, Deputy Director, NCETA.
Hazardous alcohol use interventions with emergency patients: Self-reported practices of nurses, and predictors of behaviour
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Authors. EMA © 2011 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 479–489, August 2011
How to Cite
Freeman, T., Roche, A. M., Williamson, P. and Pidd, K. (2011), Hazardous alcohol use interventions with emergency patients: Self-reported practices of nurses, and predictors of behaviour. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 23: 479–489. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-6723.2011.01416.x
- Issue published online: 8 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2011
- Accepted 8 March 2011
- 1The Burden of Disease and Injury in Australia 2003. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2007., , , , , .
- 5Interventions for Preventing Injuries in Problem Drinkers (Cochrane Review). The Cochrane Library, Issue 3. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2004., , , .
- 22Constructing a TPB questionnaire: Conceptual and methodological considerations. 2002 [Cited 23 Jun 2004.] Available from URL: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~aizen/pdf/tpb.measurement.pdf.
- 23Qualitative Research in Health: An Introduction. St Leonards: Allen & Unwin, 1999..
- 24Transforming Qualitative Information: Thematic Analysis and Code Development. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 1998..
- 25NHMRC. Australian Alcohol Guidelines: Health Risks and Benefits. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2001.
- 28Assessing the attitudes and perceptions of organizational members. In: SeashoreSE, LawlerEEIII, MirvisPH, CammannC, eds. Assessing Organizational Change: A Guide to Methods, Measures and Practices. New York: Wiley, 1983; 71–138., , , .
- 32Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Nursing and Midwifery Labour Force 2003. Canberra: AIHW, 2005.
- 34Department of Health and Ageing. Smoking Cessation Guidelines for Australian General Practice. Canberra: Australian Government, 2004.
- 35Dentists' and dental hygienists' role in smoking cessation: an examination and comparison of current practice and barriers to service provision. Health Promot. J. Austr. 2006; 17: 145–51., , .
- 38Training in Organisations, 4th edn. Belmont: Wadsworth, 2002., .
- 40Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2004 National Drug Strategy Household Survey: First results. AIHW cat. no. PHE 37. Canberra: AIHW (Drug Statistics Series No. 13), 2005.
- 412006., , , , , . Alcohol and work: Patterns of use, workplace culture and safety. Injury research and statistics series number 28. AIHW cat no. INJCAT 82. Adelaide: AIHW,