Anthony Bell, FACEM, Director of Emergency Medicine; David McD Taylor, MD, MPH, DRCOG, FACEM, Director of Emergency and General Medicine Research, Principal Fellow; Anna Holdgate, MMed, FACEM, Director of Emergency Medicine Research; Catherine MacBean, BA, DipEd, Research Assistant (formerly); Truc Huynh, FACEM, Staff Specialist; Ogilvie Thom, FACEM, Staff Specialist; Michael Augello, FACEM, Staff Specialist, Honorary Fellow; Robert Millar, FACEM, Staff Specialist; Robert Day, FACEM, Staff Specialist; Aled Williams, FACEM, Staff Specialist; Peter Ritchie, FACEM, Director of Emergency Medicine; John Pasco, FACEM, Director of Emergency Medicine.
Procedural sedation practices in Australian Emergency Departments
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Authors. EMA © 2011 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 458–465, August 2011
How to Cite
Bell, A., Taylor, D. M., Holdgate, A., MacBean, C., Huynh, T., Thom, O., Augello, M., Millar, R., Day, R., Williams, A., Ritchie, P. and Pasco, J. (2011), Procedural sedation practices in Australian Emergency Departments. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 23: 458–465. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-6723.2011.01418.x
- Issue published online: 8 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2011
- Accepted 17 March 2011
- 9ANZCA. Guidelines on Sedation and/or Analgesia for Diagnostic and Interventional Medical, Dental or Surgical Procedures. Review PS9 (2010): ANZCA, 2010.
- 13Pain management practices in paediatric emergency departments in Australia and New Zealand: a clinical and organizational audit by National Health and Medical Research Council's National Institute of Clinical Studies and Paediatric Research in Emergency Departments International Collaborative. Emerg. Med. Australas. 2009; 21: 210–21., , , .
- 28Risk factors for sedation-related events during procedural sedation in the Emergency Department. Emerg. Med. Australas. 2011; 23: 466–73., , et al.
- 29Factors associated with failure to successfully complete a procedure during Emergency Department sedation. Emerg. Med. Australas. 2011; 23: 474–8., , et al.