Darren L Walters, MBBS M Phil (UQ) Grad. Cert Mang. (Health) FRACP FCSANZ FSCAI, Associate Professor, Director of Cardiology; Carol Cunningham, BNurs, Project Officer.
Managing acute coronary syndromes in the prehospital and emergency setting: New guidelines from the Australian Resuscitation Council and New Zealand Resuscitation Council
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Authors. EMA © 2011 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 240–243, June 2011
How to Cite
Walters, D. L. and Cunningham, C. (2011), Managing acute coronary syndromes in the prehospital and emergency setting: New guidelines from the Australian Resuscitation Council and New Zealand Resuscitation Council. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 23: 240–243. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-6723.2011.01424.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2011
- 2Scientific knowledge gaps and clinical research priorities for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care identified during the 2005 International Consensus Conference on ECC [corrected] and CPR science with treatment recommendations: a consensus statement from the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (American Heart Association, Australian Resuscitation Council, European Resuscitation Council, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, InterAmerican Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa, and the New Zealand Resuscitation Council); the American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee; the Stroke Council; and the Cardiovascular Nursing Council. Circulation 2007; 116: 2501–12., , et al.
- 3International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation. 2005 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations. Part 5: acute coronary syndromes. Resuscitation 2005; 67: 249–69.
- 5Acute Coronary Syndrome Guidelines Working Group. Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes 2006. Med. J. Aust. 2006; 184: S9–29.
- 16Factors associated with prolonged prehospital delay in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 2008; 36: 156–62., , et al.
- 26Oxygen therapy for acute myocardial infarction. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2010; 16: CD007160., , , , .
- 43Towards an understanding of the role of rescue angioplasty for failed fibrinolysis: comparison of the MERLIN, RESCUE and REACT trials. J. Invasive. Cardiol. 2007; 19: 359–68., , , , .
- 50Post-cardiac arrest syndrome: epidemiology, pathophysiology, treatment, and prognostication. A consensus statement from the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (American Heart Association, Australian and New Zealand Council on Resuscitation, European Resuscitation Council, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, InterAmerican Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Asia, and the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa); the American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee; the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia; the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Perioperative, and Critical Care; the Council on Clinical Cardiology; and the Stroke Council. Circulation 2008; 118: 2452–83., , et al.