Mark Little, MBBS, FACEM, MPH&TM, DTM&H, IDHA, Emergency Physician & Clinical Toxicologist; Jim Cooper, MBBCh, FACEM, Emergency Physician; Monica Gope, MBBS, FACEM, Emergency Physician; Kelly A Hahn, RN, BSc (Nurs), PostGradCert (Emergency), Clinical Nurse Specialist; Cem Kibar, MBChB, FACEM, DipAeroRT(Dist), Emergency Physician & Staff Specialist, RFDS Western Operations; David McCoubrie, MBBS, FACEM, Emergency Physician & Clinical Toxicologist; Conrad Ng, MBBS, FACEM, Emergency Physician; Annie Robinson, RN, BSc (Nurs), PostGradCert (Emergency), Clinical Nurse; Jessamine Soderstrom, MBBS, FACEM, Emergency Physician & Clinical Toxicologist; Muriel Leclercq, BSc (Nurs), Manager.
‘Lessons learned’: A comparative case study analysis of an emergency department response to two burns disasters
Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. EMA © 2012 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 420–429, August 2012
How to Cite
Little, M., Cooper, J., Gope, M., Hahn, K. A., Kibar, C., McCoubrie, D., Ng, C., Robinson, A., Soderstrom, J. and Leclercq, M. (2012), ‘Lessons learned’: A comparative case study analysis of an emergency department response to two burns disasters. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 24: 420–429. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-6723.2012.01578.x
- Issue online: 2 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 APR 2012
- 2Lessons we don't learn: a study of lessons of disasters, why we repeat them, and how we can learn them. Homel. Secur. Aff. 2006; II (2): 1–28., .
- 3Guidelines for reports on health crises and critical health events. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2010; 25 : 377–383., , et al.
- 4Ausburn Plan Strategy Paper. Australian Mass Casualty Burn Disaster Plan. National Burns Planning and Coordinating Committee. June 2004. [Cited 15 November 2010.] Available from URL: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/DAEE022595059595CA25742F00069124/$File/ausburn.pdf.
- 5Australian Medical Assistance Team – WA. [Cited May 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/2/1219/2/australian_medical_assistance_teams_wa.pm
- 6Burns disasters – an audit of the literature. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2010; 25 : 555–580., , , .
- 7A review of the Royal Perth Hospital Bali experience: an infection control perspective. Aust. Infect. Control 2003; 8 : 43–54., , et al.
- 8The Bali bombing: the Royal Darwin Hospital response. Med. J. Aust. 2003; 79 : 358–361., , et al.
- 9Burns assessment team as part of burn disaster response. Prehosp. Disaster Med. 2006; 21 : 45–52., .
- 12The Bali bombing: civilian aeromedical evacuation. Med. J. Aust. 2003; 79 : 353–356., , et al.