Georgina A Phillips, MBBS, FACEM, Emergency Physician and Coordinator of International Programs, Honorary Lecturer; Jamie Hendrie, MBBS, FACEM, MD, Emergency Physician; Vincent Atua, MBBS, Dip. Anaes, PG Cert Teaching, MMed EM, Specialist Medical Officer and Director, Adjunct Lecturer Emergency Medicine; Clement Manineng, MBBS, Clinical Coordinator and Lecturer.
International Emergency Medicine
Capacity building in emergency care: An example from Madang, Papua New Guinea
Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. EMA © 2012 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 24, Issue 5, pages 547–552, October 2012
How to Cite
Phillips, G. A., Hendrie, J., Atua, V. and Manineng, C. (2012), Capacity building in emergency care: An example from Madang, Papua New Guinea. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 24: 547–552. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-6723.2012.01597.x
- Issue online: 8 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAY 2012
- 1World Health Organisation. Country Profile; Papua New Guinea. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/countries/png/en/ [Accessed 16 January 2012].
- 2United Nations Development Program. International Human Development Indicators, Papua New Guinea Country Profile. Available from URL: http://hdrstats.undp.org/en/countries/profiles/PNG.html [Accessed 23 January 2012].
- 3Divine Word University. Information and Programs. Available from URL: http://www.dwu.ac.pg/home/program.html [Accessed 12 February 2012].
- 4Emergency medicine in Madang, Papua New Guinea. IEMSIG Newsl. 2009; 5 (2): 3–4..
- 8Diploma of Emergency Medicine in PNG by Sandra Rennie. IEMSIG Newsl. 2006; 2 (3): 12–13..
- 9First graduates of an Advanced Diploma in Emergency Medicine, Divine Word University, Madang. IEMSIG Newsl. 2008; 4 (1): 6–8..
- 10Papua New Guinea: Emergency Life Support International launch. IEMSIG Newsl. 2007; 3 (3): 2–5..
- 11Primary trauma care; breaking new ground. IEMSIG Newsl. 2009; 5 (2): 13–17..
- 12An advanced trainee's adventure – EM in Madang, PNG. IEMSIG Newsl. 2010; 6 (2): 3–4..