Dietary guidance for obese children and their families using a model nutritional balance chart
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2007
Japan Journal of Nursing Science
Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 95–102, December 2007
How to Cite
SATOH, A., MENZAWA, K., LEE, S., HATAKEYAMA, A. and SASAKI, H. (2007), Dietary guidance for obese children and their families using a model nutritional balance chart. Japan Journal of Nursing Science, 4: 95–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-7924.2007.00077.x
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2007
- Received 30 January 2007; accepted 8 August 2007.
- 2000). Comparison of children’s dietary intake patterns with US dietary guidelines. British Journal of Nutrition, 84, 361–367. , , & (
- 1998). School nutrition services. In: E.Marks & F.Wooley (Eds), Health is Academic: A Guide to Coordinated School Health Programs (pp. 195–223). New York: Teachers College Press. , & (
- 2004). Role of camping in the treatment of childhood obesity. Acta Biomed Ateneo Parmense, 75, 118–121. , , , , , et al. (
- 2006). The prevention of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents: a review of interventions and programmes. Obesity Review, 7, 111–136. , , & (
- 1990). Ten-year follow-up of behavior, family-based treatment for obese children. Journal of the American Medical Association, 264, 2519–2523. , , & (
- 2006). Interventions to prevent obesity in children and adolescents: a systematic literature review. International Journal of Obesity, 30, 579–589. , & (
- 2001). Relationship of childhood obesity to coronary heart disease risk factor in adulthood: the Bogalusa Heart Study. Pediatrics, 108, 712–718. , , , & (
- 2004). Parents are key players in the prevention and treatment of weight-related problems. Nutrition Reviews, 62, 39–50. & (
- 2004). The obesity crisis: don’t blame it on the pyramid. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 104, 1141–1147. , , , , , et al. (
- 2005). Effectiveness of a school-based intervention to increase health knowledge of cardiovascular disease risk factors among rural Mississippi middle school children. Southern Medicine, 98, 1173–1180. , , & (
- Japan Diabetes Society (1998). Dietary Guidance for Persons with Diabetes (5th edn). Tokyo: Japan Diabetes Society.
- Japan Obesity Society (2001). Obesity Manual for Guidance of Obese Patients. Tokyo: Ishiyaku.
- 1997). Child to adult body mass index in the 1958 British birth cohort: associations with parental obesity. Archives of Disease in Childhood, 77, 376–381. , & (
- 2005). Evidence of a possible link between besogenic food advertising and child overweight. Obesity Review, 6, 203–208. & (
- 2004). Obesity in children and young people: a crisis in public health. Obesity Review, 5 (Suppl. 1), 4–85. , & (
- 2005). Perception of school nurses regarding obesity in school-age children. Journal of School Nursing, 21, 86–93. , & (
- 2005). From birth to adolescence: Vienna 2005 European Childhood Obesity Group International Workshop. International Journal of Obesity, 29 (Suppl. 2), 1–6. , , , & (
- 2004). A randomized controlled trial of single versus multiple health behavior change: promoting physical activity and nutrition among adolescents. Health Psychology, 23, 314–318. & (
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (1990). Gakkou Hoken Toukei Chousa Houkokusho [The Nationwide Statistics of Physical Development for Japanese Children]. Tokyo: Printing Department of the Ministry of Finance (in Japanese).
- 2002). A 12-year follow up study of treated obese children in Japan. International Journal of Obesity, 26, 770–777. , , , , & (
- World Medical Association (2000). The International Response to Helsinki: The WMA’s Declaration of Helsinki on Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects, as Adopted by the 52nd WMA General Assembly, Edinburgh, October 2000. [Cited 15 May 2001.] Available from URL: http://www.wma.net/e/ethicsumit/helsinki.htm.