Geoff Cumming was a member of the APA Publication Manual Revision Working Group for Statistics, but the views expressed in this article are the authors'. This research was supported by the Australian Research Council. We thank Neil Thomason and Eleanor Wertheim for valuable comments on drafts.
The statistical recommendations of the American Psychological Association Publication Manual: Effect sizes, confidence intervals, and meta-analysis
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Australian Psychological Society
Australian Journal of Psychology
Volume 64, Issue 3, pages 138–146, September 2012
How to Cite
Cumming, G., Fidler, F., Kalinowski, P. and Lai, J. (2012), The statistical recommendations of the American Psychological Association Publication Manual: Effect sizes, confidence intervals, and meta-analysis. Australian Jnl of Psychology, 64: 138–146. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-9536.2011.00037.x
- Issue published online: 10 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2011
- Received 18 May 2011. Accepted for publication 14 August 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.