Joshua Page is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of Minnesota. He is the author of The Toughest Beat: Politics, Punishment, and the Prison Officers Union in California (Oxford University Press, 2011). His research on criminal punishment and labor has been published in Criminology & Public Policy, Women & Criminal Justice, Punishment & Society, and the Journal of Contemporary Ethnography.
POLITICALLY REALISTIC UNIONISM: THE CALIFORNIA PRISON OFFICERS ASSOCIATION AND THE STRUGGLE OVER THE “PUBLIC GOOD”
Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. WorkingUSA: The Journal of Labor and Society © 2012 Immanuel Ness and Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Volume 15, Issue 3, pages 377–396, September 2012
How to Cite
Page, J. (2012), POLITICALLY REALISTIC UNIONISM: THE CALIFORNIA PRISON OFFICERS ASSOCIATION AND THE STRUGGLE OVER THE “PUBLIC GOOD”. WorkingUSA, 15: 377–396. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-4580.2012.00399.x
- Issue online: 7 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!