CTLA-4 to overcome immunological tolerance to melanoma
Article first published online: 24 MAR 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology
Special Issue: Progress in Immunotherapy: How Far Have We Come
Volume 7, Issue Supplement s1, pages 14–19, April 2011
How to Cite
HODI, F. S. (2011), CTLA-4 to overcome immunological tolerance to melanoma. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 7: 14–19. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-7563.2011.01383.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 24 MAR 2011
- Accepted for publication 3 February 2011.
- 13Combination immunotherapy of B16 melanoma using anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 (CTLA-4) and granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-producing vaccines induces rejection of subcutaneous and metastatic tumors accompanied by autoimmune depigmentation. J Exp Med 1999; 190: 355–66., , .
- 21Phase II trial of extended dose anti-CTLA-4 antibody ipilimumab (formerly MDX-010) with a multi-peptide vaccine for resected stages IIIC and IV melanoma. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24 (Suppl. 18): abstract 9023., , et al.
- 23Phase III, open-label, randomized, comparative study of tremelimumab (CP-675,206) and chemotherapy (temozolomide [TMZ] or dacarbazine [DTIC]) in patients with advanced melanoma. J Clin Oncol (Meeting Abstracts) 2008; 26: LBA9011., , et al.
- 24Evaluation of baseline serum C-reactive protein (CRP) and benefit from tremelimumab compared to chemotherapy in first-line melanoma. J Clin Oncol (2010 ASCO Annual Meeting Proc) 2010; 28: abstract 2609., , .
- 25Durable responses and long-term progression-free survival observed in a phase II study of MDX-010 alone or in combination with dacarbazine (DTIC) in metastatic melanoma. J Clin Oncol (Meeting Abstracts) 2005; 23: 7525., , et al.
- 28Natural history of diarrhea associated with the anti-CTLA4 monoclonal antibody CP-675,206. J Clin Oncol (Meeting Abstracts) 2007; 25: 3038., , et al.
- 30Therapeutic efficacy of ipilimumab, an anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal antibody, in patients with metastatic melanoma unresponsive to prior systemic treatments: clinical and immunological evidence from three patient cases. Cancer Immunol Immunother 2009; 58: 1297–306., , et al.
- 32Novel efficacy criteria for antitumor activity to immunotherapy using the example of ipilimumab, an anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal antibody. J Clin Oncol (Meeting Abstracts) 2008; 26: 3008., , et al.