Conflict of interest disclosures: none.
Other topics in cancer
Navigating the cancer journey: A review of patient navigator programs for Indigenous cancer patients
Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2012
© 2012 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages e89–e96, December 2012
How to Cite
WHOP, L. J., VALERY, P. C., BEESLEY, V. L., MOORE, S. P., LOKUGE, K., JACKA, C. and GARVEY, G. (2012), Navigating the cancer journey: A review of patient navigator programs for Indigenous cancer patients. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 8: e89–e96. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-7563.2012.01532.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2012
- Accepted for publication 20 January 2012.
- 3Establishing trusting partnerships for successful recruitment of American Indians to clinical trials. Cancer Control 2008; 15: 260–8., .
- 13A comparison of two Native American navigator formats: face-to-face and telephone. Cancer Control 2005; 12 (Suppl. 2): 28–33., , et al.
- 15Establishing a patient navigator program to reduce cancer disparities in the American Indian communities of western South Dakota: initial observations and results. Cancer Control 2008; 15: 254–9., , et al.
- 16Cultural competency in cancer care:developing and implementing a patient navigator program in American Indian communities. Assoc Community Cancer Cent 2007; 22: 38–40., , et al.
- 17Walking forward: a program designed to lower cancer mortality rates among American Indians in western South Dakota. S D Med 2009; 62: 151–3, 55–7, 59., .
- 19Improving the Patient Journey: Achieving Positive Outcomes for Remote Aboriginal Cardiac Patients. Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal Health, Darwin 2009., , et al.