Author’s note: I thank Jocelyne Cesari for her comments on an earlier version of this paper at our panel discussion “Islam in International Politics” at the 2006 APSA convention in Philadelphia. Thanks to Andreas Wenger, Victor Mauer, and Daniel Möckli for inviting me to present this paper at ETH Zurich in September 2006 at the conference “A Strained Partnership: European-American Relations and the Middle East from Suez to Iraq,” and especially to Dalia Dassa Kaye for her suggestions at our panel on “Current Issues.” The paper also benefited from discussions with graduate students at Northwestern in my “Politics of Religion in International Relations” seminar in 2005, and from the comments of three anonymous reviewers for Foreign Policy Analysis.
Political Islam and Foreign Policy in Europe and the United States
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2007
Foreign Policy Analysis
Volume 3, Issue 4, pages 345–367, October 2007
How to Cite
Hurd, E. S. (2007), Political Islam and Foreign Policy in Europe and the United States. Foreign Policy Analysis, 3: 345–367. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-8594.2007.00054.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!