Author’s note: An earlier version of this paper was presented at the Annual convention of the International Studies Association, New Orleans, February 2010. The author thanks Shlomi Carmi, Chaka Ferguson, Brendan Rittenhouse Green, Kai He, Ariel Kabiri, Steven Lobell, Benjamin Miller, Galia Press-Barnathan, Ziv Rubinovitz, Jeffrey Taliaferro, Odeya Veresh, and two anonymous reviewers for their invaluable comments.
Soft Balancing as Foreign Policy: Assessing American Strategy toward Japan in the Interwar Period
Article first published online: 20 JUL 2011
© 2011 International Studies Association
Foreign Policy Analysis
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 131–150, April 2012
How to Cite
Saltzman, . I. Z. (2012), Soft Balancing as Foreign Policy: Assessing American Strategy toward Japan in the Interwar Period. Foreign Policy Analysis, 8: 131–150. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-8594.2011.00146.x
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 20 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!