Author’s note: An earlier version of this paper was presented at the Annual convention of the International Studies Association, New Orleans, February 2010. The author thanks Shlomi Carmi, Chaka Ferguson, Brendan Rittenhouse Green, Kai He, Ariel Kabiri, Steven Lobell, Benjamin Miller, Galia Press-Barnathan, Ziv Rubinovitz, Jeffrey Taliaferro, Odeya Veresh, and two anonymous reviewers for their invaluable comments.
Soft Balancing as Foreign Policy: Assessing American Strategy toward Japan in the Interwar Period
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
© 2011 International Studies Association
Foreign Policy Analysis
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 131–150, April 2012
How to Cite
Saltzman, . I. Z. (2012), Soft Balancing as Foreign Policy: Assessing American Strategy toward Japan in the Interwar Period. Foreign Policy Analysis, 8: 131–150. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-8594.2011.00146.x
- Issue online: 8 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!