Author's note: An earlier version of this study was presented at the ISA annual meeting in Montreal, Canada, in 2011. I am grateful to Cameron Thies for organizing the panel, which was a follow-up to the role theory, the role theory workshop the previous year. I thank Paul Kowert for his insightful comments and the other panelists for their helpful suggestions. The anonymous reviewers provided useful feedback as well. The study has benefitted from the input of all these colleagues. As usual, any remaining errors are mine.
Roles and Realities: When and Why Gatekeepers Fail to Change Foreign Policy
Article first published online: 3 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2013 International Studies Association
Foreign Policy Analysis
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 307–325, July 2013
How to Cite
Breuning, Marijke. (2012) Roles and Realities: When and Why Gatekeepers Fail to Change Foreign Policy. Foreign Policy Analysis, doi: 10.1111/j.1743-8594.2012.00178.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!