Nursing inter-shift handover process in mental health settings: a best practice implementation project
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare © 2013 The Joanna Briggs Institute
International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 26–32, March 2013
How to Cite
Poh, C. L., Parasuram, R. and Kannusamy, P. (2013), Nursing inter-shift handover process in mental health settings: a best practice implementation project. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare, 11: 26–32. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-1609.2012.00293.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
- 3Australian Medical Association. Safe handover: safe patients' guidelines on clinical handover for clinicians and managers. 2006. Accessed June 2011. Available from: https://ama.com.au/ama-clinical-handover-guide-safe-handover-safe-patients
- 4Bedside handover: quality improvement strategy to ‘transform care at the bedside.’. J Nurs Care Qual 2009; 24: 136–142., , , , , .
- 6Handoffs in hospitals: a review of the literature on information exchange while transferring patient responsibility or control. 2009. Accessed June 2011. Available from: http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/61498, .
- 7Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. External evaluation of the national clinical handover initiative pilot program. Sydney, Australia, 2011 February; Accessed June 2011. Available from: http://www.hiirc.org.nz/page/24942/evaluation-of-the-national-clinical-handover/?tag=secondarycare&contentType=1033§ion=13414
- 8Clinical Handover Literature Review. Tasmania: eHealth Services Research Group, University of Tasmania, 2008., , .
- 9World Health Organization. Patient safety. Accessed June 2011. Available from: http://www.who.int/patientsafety/events/07/01_11_2007/en/index.html
- 10A systematic review of nurses' inter-shift handoff reports in acute care hospitals. JBI Libr Syst Rev 2010; 8: 121–172., .
- 11Effective handover communication: an overview of research and improvement efforts. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 2011; 25: 181–191., .
- 12Transfer of accountability: transforming shift handover to enhance patient safety. Healthc Q 2006; 9 (special issue): 75–79., , et al.
- 14Joanna Briggs Institute. Joanna Briggs Institute practice application of clinical evidence system [database on the Internet] 2011. Accessed December 2011. Available from: http://connect.jbiconnectplus.org/Utilise.aspx