Howard Davidson has been actively involved with the legal aspects of child protection for over thirty-five years. He has directed the ABA Center on Children and the Law since its 1978 establishment. The Center provides extensive training, technical assistance, consulting, and publications for lawyers, child welfare agencies, juvenile (dependency) courts, and programs that provide legal representation in these cases. He served as chair of the U.S. Advisory Board on Child Abuse and Neglect and is a founding board member of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. He has authored many legal articles on child maltreatment. In the 1970s, he spent five years as a legal services attorney exclusively representing children in juvenile court, and he created the Children's Law Project at Greater Boston Legal Services, one of the country's first children's law centers.
WHEN IT HAPPENS IN A FAMILY: AIDING PARENTS OF SUBSTANCE-ABUSING ADOLESCENTS*
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2009
© 2009 Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
Family Court Review
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 253–264, April 2009
How to Cite
Davidson, H. (2009), WHEN IT HAPPENS IN A FAMILY: AIDING PARENTS OF SUBSTANCE-ABUSING ADOLESCENTS. Family Court Review, 47: 253–264. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-1617.2009.01252.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!