I dedicate this article to the memory of the late David Cavers, Harold Berman, and Arthur von Mehren, whom I was privileged to have as doctorate supervisors on aspects of this topic at the Harvard Law School. I owe particular thanks to Stewart Macaulay for more recent comments, Kunal Sharma and Shu Zhang for their research assistance, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for research support, and the University of New South Wales for a sabbatical to complete this article.
The Twenty-First-Century Law Merchant
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Author. American Business Law Journal © 2011 Academy of Legal Studies in Business
American Business Law Journal
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 775–834, December 2011
How to Cite
Trakman, L. E. (2011), The Twenty-First-Century Law Merchant. American Business Law Journal, 48: 775–834. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-1714.2011.01125.x
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!