Dr. John C. Flanagan is currently President of the American Institute for Research and Professor of Psychology at the University of Pittsburgh. Throughout the war he was Director of the Aviation Psychology Program and Chief of Psychological Branch, Army Air Forces. For a number of years he was Associate Director of Cooperative Test Service, and Lecturer at Teachers College, Columbia University. Before receiving his Ph.D. from Harvard University, he was Assistant in Education at Harvard and taught in Seattle high schools. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and AAAS; in 1941 he served as Vice President of the New York Academy of Sciences; he also holds membership in a number of professional psychological, educational and statistical societies. He is the author of Report No. 1 of AAF Aviation Psychology Program Research Reports and has published numerous monographs and articles on test construction, statistical method, and social psychology.
Critical Requirements: A New Approach to Employee Evaluation†
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2006
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 419–425, December 1959
How to Cite
Flanagan, J. C. (1959), Critical Requirements: A New Approach to Employee Evaluation. Personnel Psychology, 2: 419–425. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-6570.1959.tb01413.x
Based on a paper read at a joint meeting sponsored by the Psychometric Society and the Division of Evaluation and Measurement of the American Psychological Association at Denver, September, 1949.
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!