The opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect policies of the institutions with which they are affiliated. The authors would like to thank Darrell Hildreth and May Eng of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management for their assistance in obtaining the data on the federal work force used in this study, and Helen Christrup, Jay Gandy, Hannah Hirsh, and Martin Reck for helpful comments on an earlier version of this paper. We would also like to thank Cynthia Clark for her extensive editorial work. Requests for reprints should be sent to Frank Schmidt, Dept. of Industrial Relations and Human Resources, Phillips Hall, College of Business Administration, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242.
THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF JOB SELECTION METHODS ON SIZE, PRODUCTIVITY, AND PAYROLL COSTS OF THE FEDERAL WORK FORCE: AN EMPIRICALLY BASED DEMONSTRATION
Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2006
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 1–29, March 1986
How to Cite
SCHMIDT, F. L., HUNTER, J. E., OUTERBRIDGE, A. N. and TRATTNER, M. H. (1986), THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF JOB SELECTION METHODS ON SIZE, PRODUCTIVITY, AND PAYROLL COSTS OF THE FEDERAL WORK FORCE: AN EMPIRICALLY BASED DEMONSTRATION. Personnel Psychology, 39: 1–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-6570.1986.tb00572.x
- Issue online: 7 DEC 2006
- Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!