Some of the work on this manuscript was completed while the author was visiting professor of management at Oregon State University. This paper is based on a proposal receiving honorable mention in the competition for the 1984 Edwin E. Ghiselli Award for Research Design. The author thanks Central Michigan University's Office of Planning, Instruction, and Research for partial support of this project and Douglas D. Friedrich, Daniel W. King, and two anonymous reviewers for their comments on previous versions of the manuscript. Requests for reprints should be sent to Terry A. Beehr, Director of the Doctoral Program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48859.
THE PROCESS OF RETIREMENT: A REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE INVESTIGATION
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2006
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 31–55, March 1986
How to Cite
BEEHR, T. A. (1986), THE PROCESS OF RETIREMENT: A REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE INVESTIGATION. Personnel Psychology, 39: 31–55. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-6570.1986.tb00573.x
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!