An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 1999 Academy of Management Meetings in Chicago, IL. We thank Christine Jackson, Amy Pepper, and Chris Purdy for their help in collecting and entering data. We also thank John Hollenbeck and Dan Ilgen for their helpful comments. This research was supported, in part, by Grant No. N00014-93-1-1385 from the Office of Naval Research. Although the support for this work is gratefully acknowledged, the ideas expressed herein are those of the authors and not necessarily endorsed by the funding agency.
ADAPTABILITY TO CHANGING TASK CONTEXTS: EFFECTS OF GENERAL COGNITIVE ABILITY, CONSCIENTIOUSNESS, AND OPENNESS TO EXPERIENCE
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2006
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 563–593, September 2000
How to Cite
LEPINE, J. A., COLQUITT, J. A. and EREZ, A. (2000), ADAPTABILITY TO CHANGING TASK CONTEXTS: EFFECTS OF GENERAL COGNITIVE ABILITY, CONSCIENTIOUSNESS, AND OPENNESS TO EXPERIENCE. Personnel Psychology, 53: 563–593. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-6570.2000.tb00214.x
Paul Sackett was the acting editor for this manuscript.
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!