5Corresponding author; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is There Enough Science for Conservation Action?
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2010
© 2010 The Author(s). Journal compilation © 2010 by The Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation
Volume 42, Issue 5, pages 563–565, September 2010
How to Cite
Shaanker, R. U. and Ganeshaiah, K. N. (2010), Is There Enough Science for Conservation Action?. Biotropica, 42: 563–565. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-7429.2010.00690.x
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2010
- Received 17 May 2010; revision accepted 25 May 2010.
- 2005. Are red-listed species threatened? A comparative analysis of red-listed and non-red-listed plant species in the Western Ghats, India. Curr. Sci. 88: 258–265. , , , , , and .
- 2007. Bio-resources and empire building: What favoured the growth of Vijayanagara Empire? Curr. Sci. 93: 1–7. , , and .
- 2001. Classifying threatened species at national versus global levels. Trends Ecol. Evol. 16: 511–516.
- 1998. Protection of global biodiversity: Converging strategies. Duke University Press, Durham, North Carolina. , and .
- IUCN Species Survival Commission. 2001. IUCN Redlist categories: Version 3.1. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland.
- 1997. The Science and non-science of conservation biology. Oikos 79: 3–5.
- 2003. Cattle and conservation at Bharatpur: a case study in science and advocacy. Conserv. Soc. 1: 1–21.
- 2001. The skeptical environmentalist. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- 2003. Ecology and objective based management: Case study of the Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur, Rajasthan. In V.Saberwal, and M.Rangarajan (Eds.). Battle over nature: Science and the Politics of Conservation, pp. 86–116. Permanent Black Publishers, New Delhi, India.
- 2002. Limits to the use of threatened species lists. Trends Ecol. Evol. 17: 503–507. , , , , , and .
- 2002. Improving the practice of conservation: A conceptual framework and research agenda for conservation science. Conserv. Biol. 16: 1469–1479. , , , and .
- 2007. Species invasion and extinctions: the future of native biodiversity on islands. In J. C.Avise, S. P.Hubbell, and F. J.Ayala (Eds.). In the light of evolution: Biodiversity and extinction, pp. 85–106. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC. , and .
- 1992. Biological control programmes—time to retrospect. Curr. Sci. 63: 732–734. , and .
- 2010. Invasive plants in tropical human dominated landscapes: Need for an inclusive management strategy. In C.Perrings, H.Mooney, and M.Williamson (Eds.). Bioinvasions and globalization: Ecology, economics, management, and policy, pp. 202–219. Oxford University Press, London, UK. , , , , and .