Martingale Restrictions and the Implied Market Price of Risk
Version of Record online: 26 FEB 2007
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 138–158, March 2007
How to Cite
Turvey, C. G. and Komar, S. (2007), Martingale Restrictions and the Implied Market Price of Risk. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, 55: 138–158. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-7976.2007.00084_2.x
- Issue online: 26 FEB 2007
- Version of Record online: 26 FEB 2007
- 1996. Martingale restriction: Tests of option pricing models and their interpretation. Working Paper, University of Warwick. and .
- 1997. Financial Calculus, An Introduction to Derivative Pricing. Cambridge , UK : Cambridge University Press. and .
- 1981. Standard deviations implied in option prices as predictors of future stock price volatility. Journal of Banking and Finance 5: 363–81.
- 1976. The pricing of commodity contracts. Journal of Financial Economics 3: 167–77.
- 1998. How to use the holes in Black Scholes. In Practical Readings in Financial Derivatives, edited by R. W.Kolb. Malden MA : Blackwell, pp. 29–38.
- 1973. The pricing of options and corporate liabilities. Journal of Political Economy 81: 637–59. and .
- 2004. Option-implied risk aversion estimates. Journal of Finance 59 (1 February): 407–46. and .
- 1997. Derivatives and the price of risk. Journal of Futures Markets 17 (7): 839–54. .
- 2004. Does net buying pressure affect the shape of implied volatility functions? Journal of Finance 59 (April): 711–53. and .
- 2000. The American put option and its critical stock price. Journal of Futures Markets 55 (5): 2333–56. and .
- 2001. The price of a smile: Hedging and spinning in options markets. Review of Financial Studies 14 (2): 495–527. and .
- 1993. The informational content of implied volatility. The Review of Financial Studies 6 (3): 659–81. and .
- 1998. The relationship between implied and realized volatility. Journal of Financial Economics 50: 125–50. and .
- 1978. Market risk adjustment in project valuation. Journal of Finance 33: 603–16. .
- 1976. The valuation of option for alternative stochastic processes. Journal of Financial Economics 3: 145–66. and .
- 1994. Investment Under Uncertainty, Princeton , NJ : Princeton University Press. and .
- 1998. Implied volatility functions: Empirical tests. Journal of Finance 53 (6): 2059–106. , and .
- 2002. Measuring implied volatility: Is an average better? Which average? Journal of Futures Markets 22 (9): 811–37. and .
- 1990. Stochastic convenience yield and the pricing of oil contingent claims. Journal of Finance 45 (3): 959–76. and .
- 2003. The information content of implied volatility in agricultural commodity markets. Journal of Futures Markets 23 (5): 441–54.
- 1979. Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets. Journal of Economic Theory 20: 381–408. and .
- 1981. Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading. Stochastic Processes and their Applications 11: 215–60. and .
- 2002. Approximation for convenience yield in commodity futures pricing. Journal of Futures Markets 22 (10): 1005–17.
- 1976. Standard deviation of stock price ratios implied by options premia. Journal of Finance 31: 369–82. and .
- 1995. Option pricing and the Martingale restriction. Review of Financial Studies 8: 1091–124.
- 1984. Option pricing when the underlying asset earns a below-equilibrium rate of return: A note. Journal of Finance 39 (March): 261–5. and .
- 1990. Continuous Time Finance. Cambridge , MA : Blackwell Publishers.
- 2000. Factors explaining movements in the implied volatility surface. Journal of Futures Markets 22 (10): 915–37.
- 1996. Martingale restrictions and implied distributions for German stock index option prices. Discussion Paper 196, IEU, University of Karlsruhe, Germany . and .
- 2003. Asymmetric option price distribution and bid–ask quotes: Consequences for implied volatility smiles. Journal of Multinational Financial Management 13: 423–41.
- 1999. Why do we smile? On the determinants of the implied volatility function. Journal of Banking and Finance 23: 1151–79. , and .
- 1993. The present value model of rational commodity pricing. The Economic Journal 103 (May): 511–30.
- 1994. Implied binomial trees. Journal of Finance 49: 771–818.
- 1965. Rational theory of options pricing. Industrial Management Review 6 (Spring): 41–50.
- 2002. Implied volatility forecast in the grains complex. Journal of Futures Markets 22 (10): 959–81.
- 1999. Do S&P 500 index options violate the Martingale restriction? Journal of Futures Markets 19 (5): 499–521. and .
- 1999. Real Options: Managerial Flexibility and Strategy in Resource Allocation. Cambridge , MA : MIT Press.
- 1990. Alternative estimates of weighted implied volatilities from soybean and live cattle options. Journal of Futures Markets 10: 335–56.