Reprinted with permission from the International Society of Nephrology.
Diabetic Kidney Disease: Act Now or Pay Later—World Kidney Day, 11 March 2010
We Must Act on Diabetic Kidney Disease
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 International Society for Apheresis. No claim to original US government works
Therapeutic Apheresis and Dialysis
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 1–4, February 2010
How to Cite
Atkins, R. C. and Zimmet, P. (2010), Diabetic Kidney Disease: Act Now or Pay Later—World Kidney Day, 11 March 2010. Therapeutic Apheresis and Dialysis, 14: 1–4. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-9987.2009.00804.x
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2010
- 1International Diabetes Federation and International Society of Nephrology. Diabetes and Kidney Disease: Time to Act. Brussels: International Diabetes Federation and International Society of Nephrology, 2003.
- 5Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance. In: GanD, ed. Diabetes Atlas, 3rd edn. Brussels: International Diabetes Federation, 2006;15–109., , .
- 6The epidemiology of diabetic kidney disease. In: EkoéJ et al., ed. The Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus, 2nd edn. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2008;499–518., , .
- 7National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. International comparisons. 2007 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, 2007;239–54.
- 8McDonaldS, ExcellL, LivingstonB, eds. ANZDATA Registry Report 2008, Appendix II. Adelaide: Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry, 2008;1–97.
- 22ADVANCE Collaborative Group, et al. Effects of a fixed combination of perindopril and indapamide on macrovascular and microvascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (the ADVANCE trial): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2007;370:829–40.;