This work was collaborative in every respect and the order of the authors is alphabetical. The first author's work was performed while he was a Sumner Predoctoral Fellow at the Ed- ucational Testing Service. Thissen and Wainer's efforts were partially supported by the GRE Research Board; we are pleased to have this opportunity to acknowledge it. We are grateful to Jim Ferris, Nick Longford, Robert Mislevy, Rick Morgan, Jim Ramsay, and Neal Thomas for helpful conversations, although they should not be held responsible for what we have done with their good advice
On the Relative Value of Multiple-Choice, Constructed Response, and Examinee-Selected Items on Two Achievement Tests
Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2005
Journal of Educational Measurement
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 234–250, September 1994
How to Cite
Lukhele, R., Thissen, D. and Wainer, H. (1994), On the Relative Value of Multiple-Choice, Constructed Response, and Examinee-Selected Items on Two Achievement Tests. Journal of Educational Measurement, 31: 234–250. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-3984.1994.tb00445.x
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!