This research was partially funded by the Graduate Record Examinations Board. The opinions expressed in this article are not necessarily those of the sponsor.
Evaluating an Automatically Scorable, Open-Ended Response Type for Measuring Mathematical Reasoning in Computer-Adaptive Tests
Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2005
Journal of Educational Measurement
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 162–176, June 1997
How to Cite
Bennett, R. E., Steffen, M., Singley, M. K., Morley, M. and Jacquemin, D. (1997), Evaluating an Automatically Scorable, Open-Ended Response Type for Measuring Mathematical Reasoning in Computer-Adaptive Tests. Journal of Educational Measurement, 34: 162–176. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-3984.1997.tb00512.x
We gratefully acknowledge the key contributions of Ken Berger, Dave Bostain, Daryl Ezzo, Jutta Levin, Alex Vasilev, and the Mathematical Reasoning Team in developing the ME response type, writing ME items, and collecting and analyzing the response data.
Requests for reprints should be sent to the first author.
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!