This research was conducted when the first and third authors were members of the staff of the Maryland Department of Education. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 1995 annual meeting of the National Council on Measurement in Education. The authors wish to thank Daniel Eignor, Wendy Yen, Rebecca Zwick, and three anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on this paper.
Contextual Explanations of Local Dependence in Item Clusters in a Large Scale Hands-On Science Performance Assessment
Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2005
Journal of Educational Measurement
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 119–140, June 1999
How to Cite
Ferrara, S., Huynh, H. and Michaels, H. (1999), Contextual Explanations of Local Dependence in Item Clusters in a Large Scale Hands-On Science Performance Assessment. Journal of Educational Measurement, 36: 119–140. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-3984.1999.tb00550.x
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!