EFFECTS OF DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID POSITIONAL DISTRIBUTION ON THE OXIDATIVE STABILITY OF MODEL TRIACYLGLYCEROL IN WATER EMULSION
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2009
© 2009, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Food Lipids
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 62–71, February 2009
How to Cite
SHEN, Z. and WIJESUNDERA, C. (2009), EFFECTS OF DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID POSITIONAL DISTRIBUTION ON THE OXIDATIVE STABILITY OF MODEL TRIACYLGLYCEROL IN WATER EMULSION. Journal of Food Lipids, 16: 62–71. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-4522.2009.01132.x
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2009
- Submitted for Publication October 14, 2008Revised Received and Accepted December 5, 2008
- 2002. Volatile oxidation products formed in crude herring oil under accelerated oxidative conditions. Eur. J. Lipid Technol. 104, 808–818. , , , , and
- 1992. A rapid method for determining the oxidation of n-3 fatty acids. J. Am. Oil. Chem. Soc. 69, 325–330. , and
- 1997. Oxidation of synthetic triacylglycerols containing eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids: Effect of oxidation system and triacylglycerol structure. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 74, 1041–1045. , and
- 2002. Oxidative stability of fish and algae oils containing long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in bulk and in oil-in water emulsion. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50, 2094–2099. , , and
- 2007. Practical synthesis of triacylglycerol regioisomers containing long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 84, 11–21. , and
- 2007. International recommendations for consumption of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. J. Cardiovasc. Med. 8, 1558–2027.
- 1973. In International Symposium on Deterioration of Lipids (H.Niewiadomski, ed.) pp. 93–97, Panstwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Warsaw, Poland. , , and
- 2007. Development of solid-phase micro extraction method for determination of volatile oxidation compounds in fish oil emulsions. J. Chromatogr., A 1163, 277–287. , and
- 2003. Analysis of headspace volatile and oxidized volatile compounds in DHA-enriched fish oil on accelerated oxidative storage. J. Food Sci. 68, 2169–2177. , , , , , and
- 2007. Homogenisation conditions affect the oxidative stability of fish oil enriched milk emulsions: Lipid oxidation. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55, 1773–1780. , , and
- 2006. Monitoring monohydroperoxides in docosahexaenoic acid using high-performance liquid chromatography. Lipids 41, 67–76. and
- 2000. Lipid oxidation in oil-in-water emulsions: Impact of molecular environment on chemical reactions in heterogeneous food systems. J. Food Sci. 65, 1270–1282. and
- 2003. Impact of whey protein emulsifiers on the oxidative stability of salmon oil-in-water emulsions. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51, 1435–1439. , and
- 2007. The health benefits of omega-3 polyunsaturated acids: A review of evidence. J. Hum. Nutr. Diet 20, 275–285. , , and
- 2007. Measuring oxidative stability of structured lipids by proton nuclear magnetic resonance. J. Food Lipids 14, 217–231. and
- 2008. Omega-3 in foods. Inform 19, 366–369.
- 2004. Chemical and olfactometric characterization of volatile flavor compounds in a fish oil enriched milk emulsion. J. Agric. Food Chem. 52, 311–317. , , and
- 2007. Cardiovascular benefits of omega-3 oils. Cardiovasc. Res. 73, 310–315. and
- 1983. Influence of the position of unsaturated fatty acid esterified glycerol on the oxidative rate of triglyceride. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 60, 1105–1109. and
- 2008. The influence of triacylglycerol structure on the oxidative stability of polyunsaturated oils. Lipid Technol. 20, 199–202.
- 2008. Docosahexaenoic acid is more stable to oxidation when located at the sn-2 position of triacylglycerol compared to sn-1(3). J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 85, 543–548. , , , , , and