EFFECT OF PACKAGING MATERIALS ON COLOR, VITAMIN C AND SENSORY QUALITY OF REFRIGERATED MANDARIN JUICE
Article first published online: 2 OCT 2008
© 2008 The Author(s). Journal compilation © 2008 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Food Quality
Volume 31, Issue 5, pages 596–611, October 2008
How to Cite
BELTRÁN-GONZÁLEZ, F., PÉREZ-LÓPEZ, A. J., LÓPEZ-NICOLÁS, J. M. and CARBONELL-BARRACHINA, Á. A. (2008), EFFECT OF PACKAGING MATERIALS ON COLOR, VITAMIN C AND SENSORY QUALITY OF REFRIGERATED MANDARIN JUICE. Journal of Food Quality, 31: 596–611. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-4557.2008.00223.x
- Issue published online: 2 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 2 OCT 2008
- Accepted for Publication December 12, 2007
- AIJN (EUROPEAN FRUIT JUICE ASSOCIATION). 2005. AIJN code of practice for evaluation of fruit and vegetable juices. http://www.aijn.org/ (accessed December 18, 2005).
- 1994. La Evaluación Sensorial de los Alimentos en la Teoría y la Práctica. Editorial Acribia, S.A., Zaragoza, Spain.
- 2000. Influence of carotenoids and pulps on the color modification of blood orange juice. J. Food Sci. 65, 458–460. , and
- 2003. Effects of PET Packaging on the Quality of an Orange Juice Made from Concentrate. International Conference Engineering and Food, ICEF9, 7–11 March, Montepellier, France. , , , , and
- 2000. Consumer perception of the nature and quality of home-made and commercial dairy ice cream. Br. Food J. 102, 821–837. and
- 2005. Influence of PET and PET/PEN blend packaging on ascorbic acid and color in juices exposed to fluorescent and UV light. J. Food Sci. 70, 19–25. , , , and
- 2001. Influence of packaging on the aroma stability of strawberry syrup during shelf life. J. Agric. Food Chem. 49(5), 2290–2297. , , , and
- FAO (FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS). 2005. Trade in agriculture, fisheries and forestry. http://www.fao.org (accessed December 18, 2005).
- 1996. Food Chemistry, 3rd Ed., Marcel Dekker, New York, NY.
- 2003. Influence of the packaging material on the major volatile compounds of Tsipouro, a traditional Greek distillate. Food Sci. Technol. Int. 9(5), 371–378. , , and
- FMC. 2004. FMC FoodTech. http://www.fmctechnologies.com/FoodTech.aspx (accessed December 23, 2004).
- 1992. Multivariate analysis of within tree-factors accounting for the variation of peach fruit quality. Sci. Hortic. 52, 37–51. and
- 1990. Delayed light emission as a means of quality evaluation of fruits and vegetables. Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 29, 19–34.
- 2000. Vitamin C (reduced ascorbic acid) in ready-to-feed milk-based infant formula (AOAC Official Method 985.33). In Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International, 17th Ed., AOAC, Gaithersburg, MD.
- 2002. Procesado de cítricos, Ed. Acribia, Zaragoza, Spain.
- 1996. Chemical degradative indicators to monitor the quality of processed and stored citrus products. In Chemical Markers for Processed and Stored Foods (T.C.Lee and H.J.Kim, eds.) pp. 86–106, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC. and
- 1995. Major carotenoids in juice of ponkan mandarin and liucheng orange. J. Food Biochem. 18, 273–283. and
- 1989. Design to balance the effect of order of presentation and first-order carry-over effects in hall tests. J. Sensory Studies 4, 129–148. , , and
- 2001. Quality and stability of blueberry juice blended with apple, grape and cranberry juice. J. Food Qual. 24, 111. , , and
- MAPA (MINISTERIO AGRICULTURA, PESCA Y ALIMENTACIÓN). 2003. La Alimentación en España, MAPA, Madrid, Spain.
- 1999. Selection and training of panel members. In Sensory Evaluation Techniques, 3rd Ed., pp. 133–159, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. , and
- 2003. Application of tristimulus colorimetry to estimate the carotenoids content in ultrafrozen orange juices. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51, 7266–7270. , and
- MINOLTA, PRECISE COLOR COMMUNICATION. 1994. Color Control from Feeling to Instrumentation, Minolta Co. Ltd., Osaka, Japan.
- 2006. Volatile odour components and sensory quality of fresh and processed mandarin juices. J. Sci. Food Agric. 86, 2404–2411. and
- 2006. Changes in orange juice color by addition of mandarin juice. Eur. Food Res. Technol. 222, 516–520. , , and
- 2001. Sensorial properties of ice tea as affected by packaging. Food Technol. Biotechnnol. 39(2), 101–107. , , , and
- 2003. Comparative shelf life study and vitamin C loss kinetics in pasteurized and high pressure processed reconstituted orange juice. J. Food Eng. 60, 21–29. , and
- 1993. Photosensitized decomposition of ascorbic acid in the presence of riboflavin. Food Chem. 46(12), 177–182. and
- 1995. Report on a citrus study tour to Spain and attendance at Mandarin Symposium. Corsica, Italy. NSW Plant Industries Report No 16.
- 1999. Comparative effects of deaeration and package permeability on ascorbic acid loss in refrigerated orange juice. Packag. Technol. Sci. 12(3), 111–118. and
- 1980. Color as related to quality in citrus. In Citrus Nutrition and Quality (S.Nagy, J.Attaway, eds.) pp. 129–150, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC.
- 1991. Modelling sensory colour quality of tomato and peach: Neural networks and statistical regression. ASAE/CSAE Annual International Meeting, Paper No. 90-6038. Pretoria, South Africa. and
- 2000. Analytical and sensorial alterations of orange juice after hot bottling in PET and glass. Dtsch. Lebensmitt. Rundsch. 96(8), 279–284. , , , , and