VARIATION IN THE CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID CONTENT OF THREE TRADITIONAL GREEK CHEESES DURING A 1-YEAR PERIOD
Article first published online: 16 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Author(s). Journal compilation © 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Food Quality
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 84–95, February 2009
How to Cite
ZLATANOS, S. and LASKARIDIS, K. (2009), VARIATION IN THE CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID CONTENT OF THREE TRADITIONAL GREEK CHEESES DURING A 1-YEAR PERIOD. Journal of Food Quality, 32: 84–95. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-4557.2008.00237.x
- Issue published online: 16 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 16 FEB 2009
- Received for Publication April 11, 2007Accepted for Publication March 8, 2008
- 1995. Conjugated dienoic linoleate: A polyunsaturated fatty acid with unique chemoprotective properties. Nutr. Rev. 53, 83–89.
- BRITISH STANDARDS. 1980. 684, sec. 2.34. Methods of analysis of fats and fatty oils. Other methods. Preparation of methyl esters of fatty acids.
- 1992. Dietary sources of conjugated dienoic isomers of linoleic acid, a newly recognized class of anticarcinogens. J. Food Comp. Anal. 5, 185–197. , , , and
- 1999. Conjugated linoleic acid content of milk from cows fed different diets. J. Dairy Sci. 82, 2146–2156. , , and
- DIN (GERMAN INSTITUTE FOR STANDARIZATION). 1981. Determination of fat content of cheese and processed cheese products (reference method). Norm DIN 10 313.
- ESYE (NATIONAL STATISTIC OFFICE OF GREECE). 1996. Statistiki Erevna Biomihanias Etous 1992 [Statistical Research of Manufacture for the Year 1992], ESYE, Athens, Greece.
- 1994. Changes in the content of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in processed cheese during processing. Food Res. Int. 27, 61–64. , , and
- 2004. Quantitative characterization of unsaturated and trans fatty acids in ewe's milk fat. Lait 84, 473–482. , , , , and
- 1998. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid normalizes impaired glucose tolerance in the Zucker diabetic fatty fa/fa rat. Biochem Biophys. Res. Commun. 244, 678–682. , , , , , and
- 1997. Review of the effects of trans fatty acids, oleic acid, n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, and conjugated linoleic acid on mammary carcinogenesis in animals. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 66, 1523S–1529S.
- 1991. Mammary cancer prevention by conjugated dienoic derivative of linoleic acid. Cancer Res. 51, 6118–6124. , , and
- 1999. The pontential anticarcinogenic conjugated linoleic acid, cis-9, trans-11 C18:2, in milk of different species: Cow, goat, ewe, sow, mare, woman. Nutr. Res. 19, 1541–1549. , , , , and
- 2000. Influence of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on establishment and progression of atherosclerosis in rabbits. J. Am. Coll. Nutr. 19, 472S–477S. , , , and
- 2005. Fatty acid composition of French butters, with special emphasis on conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) isomers. J. Food Comp. Anal. 18, 409–425. , , , , and
- 1994. Conjugated linoleic acid and atherosclerosis in rabbits. Atherosclerosis 108, 19–25. , and
- 1998. Factors affecting the conjugated linoleic acid content of cheddar cheese. J. Agric. Food Chem. 46, 801–807. , , and
- 2003. Seasonal variation in milk conjugated linoleic acid and Δ9-desaturase activity in dairy cows. Livestock Prod. Sci. 79, 47–59. and
- 2005. Effect of microwave cooking or broiling on selected nutrient contents, fatty acid patterns and true retention values in separable lean from lamb rib-loins, with emphasis on conjugated linoleic acid. Food Chem. 90, 207–218. , , , , and
- 1999. Effect of feeding canola oil on constituents, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and long chain fatty acids in goats milk. Small Rumin. Res. 33, 137–143. , , , and
- 1999. Bioactive lipids naturally occurring in bovine milk. Nahrung 43, 185–189.
- 1997. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid reduces plasma lipoproteins and early aortic atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic hamsters. Artery 22, 266–277. , , , and
- 1986. Modulation of carcinogenesis by dietary factors. Environ. Health Perspect. 67, 25–29. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1997. Effect of conjugated linoleic acid on body composition in mice. Lipids 32, 853–858. , , , , and
- 2004. Impact of microbial cultures on conjugated linoleic acid in dairy products – a review. Int. Dairy J. 14, 1–15. , , , and
- 1997. Dietary influences on bovine milk cis-9, trans-11 conjugated linoleic acid content. J. Food Sci. 62, 1083–1086. , , , , , and
- 1998. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid on body fat and energy metabolism in the mouse. Am. J. Physiol. 275, 667–672. , , , , and
- 2002. CLA composition of Greek feta and hard cheeses. Food Chem. 78, 471–477. , , and