BUILDING THEORY ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: SOME TOOLS FROM THE ORGANIZATIONAL SCIENCES
Article first published online: 31 MAR 2011
© 2011 Institute for Supply Management, Inc.™
Journal of Supply Chain Management
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 12–18, April 2011
How to Cite
KETCHEN, Jr., D. J. and HULT, G. T. M. (2011), BUILDING THEORY ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: SOME TOOLS FROM THE ORGANIZATIONAL SCIENCES. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 47: 12–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-493X.2011.03220.x
- Issue published online: 31 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 31 MAR 2011
- Real Options and Real Tradeoffs,” Academy of Management Review, (29), 2004, pp. 120-126. and .
- Organizational Identity.” In L.L.Cummings and B.M.Staw (Eds.), Research in Organizational Behavior, Vol. 7, JAI Press, Greenwich, CT, 1985, pp. 263-295. and .
- Organizational Theories: Some Criteria for Evaluation,” Academy of Management Review, (14), 1989, pp. 496-515.
- Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage,” Journal of Management, (17), 1991, pp. 99-120.
- Mechanisms and Empirical Research.” In D.J.Ketchen and D.Bergh (Eds.), Research Methodology in Strategy and Management, Vol. 2, Elsevier, Oxford, UK, 2005, pp. 15-29. and .
- The Effects of Innovation-Cost Strategy, Knowledge, and Action in the Supply Chain on Firm Performance,” Journal of Operations Management, (27:5), 2009, pp. 405-421. , and .
- That's Interesting! Towards a Phenomenology of Sociology and a Sociology of Phenomenology,” Philosophy of the Social Sciences, (1), 1971, pp. 309-344.
- Theory Development, Free Press, New York, 1978.
- Organizational Identity, Image and Adaptive Instability,” Academy of Management Review, (25), 2000, pp. 63-81. , and .
- A Decade of SCM Literature: Past, Present and Future Implications,” Journal of Supply Chain Management, (44:4), 2008, pp. 66-86. , , , and .
- The Field of Management's Devotion to Theory: Too Much of a Good Thing?,” Academy of Management Journal, (50:6), 2007, pp. 1346-1352.
- Risk Uncertainty and Supply Chain Decisions: A Real Options Perspective,” Decision Sciences Journal, (41:3), 2010, pp. 435-458. , and .
- Strategic Supply Chain Management: Improving Performance through a Culture of Competitiveness and Knowledge Development,” Strategic Management Journal, (28), 2007, pp. 1035-1052. , and .
- An Examination of Cultural Competitiveness and Order Fulfillment Cycle Time within Supply Chains,” Academy of Management Journal, (45:3), 2002, pp. 577-586. , and .
- Information Processing, Knowledge Development, and Strategic Supply Chain Performance,” Academy of Management Journal, (47), 2004, pp. 241-253. , and .
- Some Candid Thoughts on the Publication Process,” Journal of Management, (28:5), 2002, pp. 585-590.
- Bridging Organization Theory and Supply Chain Management: The Case of Best Value Supply Chains,” Journal of Operations Management, (25), 2007, pp. 573-580. and .
- Best Value Supply Chains: A Key Competitive Weapon for the 21st Century,” Business Horizons, (51), 2008, pp. 235-243. , , and .
- Psychology and the Process of Group Living,” Journal of Social Psychology, (17), 1943, pp. 113-131.
- Is The Resource-Based View a Useful Perspective for Strategic Management Research?,” Academy of Management Review, (26), 2001a, pp. 22-40. and .
- Tautology in the Resource-Based View and the Implications of Externally Determined Resource Value: Further Comments,” Academy of Management Review, (26), 2001b, pp. 57-66. and .
- What Theory is Not,” Administrative Science Quarterly, (40:3), 1995, pp. 371-384. and .
- In General' Vs. ‘It Depends’: Some Comments on the Gergen-Schlenker Debate,” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, (2), 1976, pp. 404-410.
- The Social Psychology of Organizing, 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1979.
- A Resource-Based View of the Firm,” Strategic Management Journal, (5), 1984, pp. 171-180.
- What Constitutes a Theoretical Contribution?,” Academy of Management Review, (14), 1989, pp. 490-495.
- A Real Options Perspective on Sequential Acquisitions in China,” Journal of International Business Studies, (41), 2010, pp. 166-174. , and .