Multicomponent Simulations of Contrasting Redox Environments at an LNAPL Site
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2008
© 2008 The Author(s) Journal compilation © 2008 National Ground Water Association
Volume 46, Issue 5, pages 727–742, September–October 2008
How to Cite
Miles, B., Peter, A. and Teutsch, G. (2008), Multicomponent Simulations of Contrasting Redox Environments at an LNAPL Site. Groundwater, 46: 727–742. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6584.2008.00457.x
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2008
- Received November 2007, accepted March 2008.
- 1999. Modeling in situ iron removal from ground water. Ground Water 37, no. 6: 811–817. , , , and .
- 1997. Anaerobic biodegradation of organic chemicals in groundwater: A summary of field and laboratory studies. SRC TR-97-0223F. New York: Syracuse Research Corporation. , and .
- 1993. Crude oil in a shallow sand and gravel aquifer-III—Biogeochemical reactions and mass balance modeling in anoxic groundwater. Applied Geochemistry 8, no. 6: 569–586. , , , , and .
- 1953. O srednem mnogoletnem isparenii s poverchnosti susi [On multi-year average of evapotranspiration from land surface] [in Russian]. Meteorog. i Gridrolog 10. .
- 1995. Distribution of redox-sensitive groundwater quality parameters downgradient of a landfill (Grinsted, Denmark). Environmental Science & Technology 29, no. 5: 1387–1394. , , , and .
- 2002. Modelling of transport and biogeochemical processes in pollution plumes: Vejen landfill, Denmark. Journal of Hydrology 256, no. 3–4: 228–247. , , , and .
- 2002. Rapid evolution of redox processes in a petroleum hydrocarbon-contaminated aquifer. Ground Water 40, no. 4: 353–360. , , , , and .
- 2002. Long-term evolution of biodegradation and volatilization rates in a crude oil-contaminated aquifer. Bioremediation Journal 6, no. 3: 237–255. , , , and .
- 2000. Characterization of redox conditions in groundwater contaminant plumes. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 45, no. 3–4: 165–241. , , , , , and .
- 2001. Progression of natural attenuation processes at a crude-oil spill site: I. Geochemical evolution of the plume. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 53, no. 3–4: 369–385. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Inverse modeling of BTEX dissolution and biodegradation at the Bemidji, MN crude-oil spill site. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 67, no. 1–4: 269–299. , , , , , and .
- 1994. Interaction of metals with mineral surfaces in a natural groundwater environment. Chemical Geology 116, no. 1–2: 111–121. , , , and .
- 2005a. Microbial dissimilatory iron(III) reduction: Studies on the mechanism and on processes of environmental relevance. Ph.D. thesis, Centre for Applied Geosciences (ZAG), Eberhard-Karls-University, Tübingen, Germany. .
- 2005b. Final report Brand-Niedergörsdorf: Microbiology. Tuebingen, Germany: TGF. .
- 1999. Redox zoning, rates of sulfate reduction and interactions with Fe-reduction and methanogenisis in a shallow sandy aquifer, Romo, Denmark. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 63, no. 1: 137–151. , and .
- 1998. H-2 concentrations in a landfill leachate plume (Grinsted, Denmark): In situ energetics of terminal electron acceptor processes. Environmental Science & Technology 32, no. 14: 2142–2148. , , , , , and .
- 2006. A steady state redox zone approach for modeling the transport and degradation of xenobiotic organic compounds from a landfill site. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 87, no. 1–2: 191–210. , , , and .
- 1994. Use of dissolved H2 concentrations to determine distribution of microbially catalyzed redox reactions in anoxic groundwater. Environmental Science & Technology 28, no. 7: 1205–1210. , , and .
- 2002. Multicomponent reactive transport modeling in variably saturated porous media using a generalized formulation for kinetically controlled reactions. Water Resources Research 38, no. 9: 1174. , , and .
- 1977. Groundwater and Hydraulics. Fort Collins, Colorado: Water Resources Publications. , and .
- 2007. Development and parameterisation of a complex hydrogeological model based on high-resolution data. Environmental Geology 52, no. 7: 1399–1412. , , , , , , and .
- 1996. Redox zonation: Equilibrium constraints on the Fe(III)/SO4-reduction interphase. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 60, no. 17: 3169–3175. , and .
- 1999. Geochemical changes during biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbons: Field investigations and biogeochemical modelling. Organic Geochemistry 30, no. 6: 423–435. , , and .
- 2006. Recharge processes drive sulfate reduction in an alluvial aquifer contaminated with landfill leachate. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 86, no. 1–2: 239–261. , , and .
- 2004. Mechanisms of electron acceptor utilization: Implications for simulating anaerobic biodegradation. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 73, 99–127. , , , and .
- 1999. Iron reduction in the sediments of a hydrocarbon-contaminated aquifer. Applied Geochemistry 14, no. 5: 655–667. , , and .
- U.S. EPA. 1997. The rapid optical screening tool (ROST) laser-induced fluorescence system for screening of petroleum hydrocarbons in subsurface soils. Las Vegas, Nevada: U.S. EPA.
- 2007. Modelling of iron cycling and its impact on the electron balance at a petroleum hydrocarbon contaminated site in Hnevice, Czech Republic. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 89, no. 3–4: 270–294. , , and .
- 1988. A numerical transport model for oxygen- and nitrate-based respiration linked to substrate and nutrient availability in porous media. Water Resources Research 24, no. 9: 1553–1565. , , and .
- 1999. Natural Attenuation of Fuels and Chlorinated Solvents in the Subsurface. New York: John Wiley & Sons. , , , and .