Arsenic Removal from Natural Groundwater Using Cupric Oxide
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2012
© 2012, The Author(s). Ground Water © 2012, National Ground Water Association
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 83–91, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Reddy, K.J. and Roth, T.R. (2013), Arsenic Removal from Natural Groundwater Using Cupric Oxide. Ground Water, 51: 83–91. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6584.2012.00926.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2012
- Received August 2011, accepted February 2012.
- 1996. Epidemiology-India's spreading health crisis draws global arsenic experts. Science 274: 174–175. , and .
- 1999. Removal of arsenic from ground water by manganese dioxide-coated sand. Journal of Environmental Engineering-ASCE 125: 782–784. , and .
- 2005. Removal of arsenic from groundwater by granular titanium dioxide adsorbent. Chemosphere 60: 389–397. , , , and .
- 1992. Arsenic ingestion and internal cancers - a review. American Journal of Epidemiology 135: 462–476. , , and .
- 2003. Arsenic groundwater contamination in middle Ganga Plain, Bihar, India: A future danger? Environmental Health Prospect 111: 1194–1201. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2009. Effect of groundwater iron and phosphate on the efficacy of arsenic removal by iron-amended BioSand filters. Environmental Science and Technology 43: 6295–6300. , , , , and .
- 1989. Mineral - Petrograph. JCPDS Grant-in-Aid Report . Heidelberg, Germany: Institut der Universitact Heidelberg. , and .
- 2007. Trace element chemistry of coal bed natural gas produced water in the Powder River Basin, Wyoming. Environmental Science and Technology 41: 5953–5959. , and .
- 2000. Effect of competing anions on the adsorption of arsenate and arsenite by ferrihydrite. Journal of Environmental Quality 29: 1422–1430. , and .
- 1995. An overview of arsenic removal process. Desalination 103: 79–88. , and .
- 2005. Arsenic removal by adsorption on iron phosphate. Journal of Hazardous Materials 123: 262–268. , , , , and .
- 2009. Adsorption of arsenic (III) and arsenic (V) by cupric oxide nanoparticles. Journal of Colloid Science and Interfacial Science 336: 406–411. , and .
- 2000. Arsenic in the Geosphere - a review. Science of the Total Environment 249: 297–312.
- 2002. Combined effects of anions on arsenic removal by iron hydroxides. Toxicology Letters 133: 103–111. , , , and .
- 2000. Effects of silicate, sulfate, and carbonate on arsenic removal by ferric chloride. Water Research 34: 255–1261. , , and .
- 2007. Arsenic removal from water/waste water using adsorbents - a critical review. Journal of Hazardous Materials 142: 1–53. , and .
- 2009. Chemical evolution in the high arsenic groundwater of the Huhhot basin (Inner Mongolia, PR China) and its difference from the western Bengal basin (India). Applied Geochemistry 24: 1835–1851. , , , , , , , and .
- 2002. Public health - worldwide occurrences of arsenic in ground water. Science 296: 2143–2145.
- 2003. The ecology of arsenic. Science 300: 939–944. , and .
- 1982. Adsorption of arsenite and arsenate on amorphous iron oxide. Water Research 16: 1247–1253. , and .
- 2011. Removal of As (III) and As (V) from water by copper oxide incorporated mesoporous alumina. Journal of Hazardous Materials 186: 367–375. , , , , , and .
- 2011. Method for removing arsenite and arsenate from water. US Patent 7,897,052 B2.
- 2007. Method for removing arsenic from water. US Patent 7,235,179 B2.
- 2005. A novel method to remove arsenate and arsenite from water. In Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements, Symposium on Arsenic in the Environment: Biology and Chemistry, April 3–7, Adelaide, Australia. , and .
- 2004. Arsenic removal with iron (II) and iron (III) in waters with high silicate and phosphate concentrations. Environmental Science and Technology 38: 307–315. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Arsenic in Australian environment: An overview. Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part A - Toxic/Hazardous Substances & Environmental Engineering 38: 223–239. , , , , , and .
- 2000. Contamination of drinking-water by arsenic in Bangladesh: A public health emergency. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 78: 1093–1103. , , and .
- 2010. The origin and fate of arsenic in coal bed natural gas produced water ponds. Journal of Environmental Quality 39: 1604–1615. DOI: 10.2134/jeq2009. , , and .
- 2001. Arsenate and arsenite removal by zerovalent iron: Effects of phosphate, silicate, carbonate, borate, sulfate, chromate, molybdate, and nitrate, relative to chloride. Environmental Science and Technology 35: 4562–4568. , and .
- 2005. Bacterial bioassay for rapid and accurate analysis of arsenic in highly variable groundwater samples. Environmental Science and Technology 39: 7625–7630. , , , , and .
- 2000. Arsenic in ground water of the United States: Occurrence and geochemistry. Ground Water 38: 589–604. , , , and .
- 2004. An overview on chronic arsenism via drinking water in PR China. Toxicology 198: 25–29. , and .
- 1979. Predicting points of zero charge of oxides and hydroxides. Journal of Colloid Science and Interfacial Science 70: 483. , , and .
- 2003. A method for preparing silica containing iron (III) oxide adsorbents for arsenic removal. Water Research 37: 4351–4358.