Nora J. Rifon is an associate professor in the Department of Advertising, Public Relations, and Retailing, Michigan State University (email@example.com), and 2Robert LaRose is a professor in the Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media, Michigan State University (firstname.lastname@example.org).3Sejung Marina Choi is an assistant professor in the Department of Advertising, the University of Texas at Austin (email@example.com).
Your Privacy Is Sealed: Effects of Web Privacy Seals on Trust and Personal Disclosures
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2005
Journal of Consumer Affairs
Volume 39, Issue 2, pages 339–362, Winter 2006
How to Cite
RIFON, N. J., LaROSE, R. and CHOI, S. M. (2005), Your Privacy Is Sealed: Effects of Web Privacy Seals on Trust and Personal Disclosures. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 39: 339–362. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6606.2005.00018.x
This research was supported in part by the Consumer Protection Division of the State of Michigan Office of the Attorney General. The first author wishes to express thanks to Governor Jennifer Mulhern Granholm (Attorney General at the time of data collection), Assistant Attorney Generals Matthew Keck, Stanley Pruss, and most of all, Assistant Attorney General Tracy Sonneborn for their kind and helpful support.
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!