This commentary is developed from the Colston E. Warne Lecture that was presented at the 2010 annual conference of the American Council on Consumer Interests.
Colston E. Warne Lecture: Consumer Protection 2.0—Protecting Consumers in the 21st Century
Article first published online: 8 SEP 2010
Copyright 2010 by The American Council on Consumer Interests
Journal of Consumer Affairs
Volume 44, Issue 3, pages 578–597, Fall 2010
How to Cite
MIERZWINSKI, E. (2010), Colston E. Warne Lecture: Consumer Protection 2.0—Protecting Consumers in the 21st Century. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 44: 578–597. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6606.2010.01185.x
- Issue published online: 8 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 8 SEP 2010
- 2010. Small Businesses Join Lawsuit Against Yelp. Wall Street Journal Digits blog, March 17. http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/03/17/small-businesses-join-lawsuit-against-yelp/. (Accessed on June 8, 2010).
- 1963. The Poor Pay More: Consumer Practices of Low-income Families. New York: Free Press of Glencoe.
- 2010. The Invisible Hand of Preacquired Account Marketing. Harvard Journal on Legislation, 47 (2). http://ssrn.com/abstract=1460963.
- 2007. Strapped: Why America's 20- and 30-Somethings Can't Get Ahead. New York City: Doubleday.
- 2007. Bilking the Elderly—With a Corporate Assist. New York Times, May 20.
- 2009. Before the Grand Rethinking: Five Things to Do Today with Payments Law and Ten Principles to Guide New Payments Products and New Payments Law. Chicago Kent Law Review, 83 (2). http://ssrn.com/abstract=1158624.
- 2006. Generation Debt: Why Now Is a Terrible Time to Be Young. New York: Riverhead Books.
- 2009. Aggressive Sales Tactics on the Internet and Their Impact on American Consumers. Testimony to the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Competitiveness, November 17.
- 2004. Preemption of State Consumer Laws: Federal Interference Is a Market Failure. Government, Law and Policy Journal, New York State Bar Association, 6 (Spring): 6–12.
- 2008. The Poor Still Pay More. Trial Magazine, Journal of the American Association for Justice, 44 (September): 40–49.
- 1993. The Consumer Movement: Lectures by Colston E. Warne. Manhattan, KS: Family Economics Trust Press. , ed.
- 2010. Cellphones Let Shoppers Point, Click and Purchase (page A1). New York Times, February 27.
- 1983. Test and Protest: The Influence of Consumers Union. New York City: Holmes and Meier.
- 2007. Gotcha Capitalism: How Hidden Fees Rip You Off Every Day and What You Can Do About It. New York: Ballantine Books.
- 2008. Product Services Regulation as a Model for Financial Services Regulation. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 43 (Fall): 453–460.
- 2003. The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Mothers and Fathers Are Going Broke. Cambridge, MA: Basic. and .