Aging Gracefully: Emerging Issues for Public Policy and Consumer Welfare
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
Copyright 2011 by The American Council on Consumer Interests
Journal of Consumer Affairs
Special Issue: Aging Consumers
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 365–371, Fall 2011
How to Cite
PERRY, V. G. and WOLBURG, J. M. (2011), Aging Gracefully: Emerging Issues for Public Policy and Consumer Welfare. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45: 365–371. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6606.2011.01208.x
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
- 1993. Motivation for Social Contact across the Life Span: A Theory of Socioemotional Selectivity. In Nebraska Symposium On Motivation: 1992 Developmental Perspectives on Motivation, edited by Janis E. Jacobs, vol. 40 (209–254). Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press.
- 1987. Intelligence: Its Structure, Growth, and Action. New York: Elsevier Science Publishing.
- 2007. Gendered Discourses on the “Problem” of Ageing: Consumerized Solutions. Discourse & Communication, 1 (1): 37–61.
- 2011. Aging Consumer Vulnerabilities Influencing Factors of Acquiescence to Informed Consent. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45 (Fall): 445–466. and .
- 2006. Making the Transition to Retirement: Appraisals, Post-Transition Lifestyle, and Changes in Consumption Patterns. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 23 (2): 87–99. , , and .
- Institute for Financial Literacy©. 2010. 2009 Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Demographics Report: American Debtors in a Recession. http://www.financiallit.org/PDF/2009_Demographics_Report.pdf. (Accessed on August 1, 2011)
- 2011. The Use of Older Models in Japanese TV Advertising: Practitioner Perspective vs. Consumer Opinions. Keio Communication Review, 33: 25–42. , , and .
- 1984. Stress, Appraisal, and Coping. New York: Springer Publishing Co. and .
- 2011. U.S. Retirement Financial Services Advertising's Financial Information Provisions, Communication Strategies, and Judgmental Heuristic Cues. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45 (Fall): 391–418. , , , and .
- 1998. Broken Down by Age and Sex—Exploring Ways We Approach the Elderly Consumer. Journal of the Market Research Society, 40 (2): 73–92.
- 2008. Housing the Aging Baby Boomers: Implications for Local Policy. Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Research Paper Series, Working Paper 08-01, http://aysps.gsu.edu/publications/2008/index.htm. and .
- 2005. The Cattell-Horn-Carroll Theory of Cognitive Abilities: Past, Present, and Future. In Contemporary Intellectual Assessment: Theories, Tests, and Issues, edited by Dawn P. Flanagan, Judy L. Genshaft, and Patti L. Harrison (136–182). New York: Guilford.
- 2008. Will Employers Want Aging Boomers? Urban Institute. http://www.urban.org/url.cfm?ID=411705. (Accessed on August 1, 2011) , , and .
- 2011. Safe Sex After 50 and Mature Women's Beliefs of Sexual Health. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45 (Fall): 372–390. , , and .
- 2003. Marketing to Older Adults: An Updated Overview of Present Knowledge and Practice. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 20 (6): 516–525.
- 2011. Research Frontiers on Older Consumers' Vulnerability. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45 (Fall): 467–491. , , and .
- 2008. Understanding Older Shoppers: A Phenomenological Investigation. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 25 (5): 294–301. and .
- 2009. Information Search for Home, Medical, and Financial Services By Mature Consumers. Journal of Services Marketing, 23 (4): 226–235. and .
- 2004. Aging in Place in Multifamily Housing. Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research, 7: 81–106.
- 2010. Age Differences in the Effects of Conscious and Unconscious Thought in Decision Making. Psychology and Aging, 25 (2): 251–261. and .
- 2003. Older Adults' Perceptions of Offensive Senior Stereotypes in Magazine Advertisements: Results of a Q Method Analysis. Educational Gerontology, 29 (6): 503–519. , , , and .
- 1982. Effect of Age of Models in Print Ads on Evaluation of Product and Sponsor. Journalism Quarterly, 59 (Autumn): 374–381. , , and .
- 2008. A First Look at Older Americans and the Mortgage Crisis. Insight on the Issues, AARP Policy Institute, September. http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/econ/i9_mortgage.pdf. (Accessed on August 1, 2011)
- 1997. Smashing Old Stereotypes of 50-plus America. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 14 (4): 303–309.
- 2009. Canadian and French Men's Consumption of Cosmetics: A Comparison of Their Attitudes and Motivations. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 26 (2): 97–109. and .
- 2005. La Rochefoucauld Maximes. A New English Translation. New York: Vantage Press.
- 2011. Retirement Planning and the Intrinsic Rewards of Work, Future Time Perspectives, and Economic Expectations. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 45 (Fall): 419–444. and .
- 2009. Consumer Decision Making and Aging: Current Knowledge and Future Directions. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19: 2–16. , and .