An earlier version of this paper was prepared for the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's conference on “Are Distinctions between Debt and Equity Disappearing?” in October 1989 and published in the conference proceedings: R.W. Kopke and E.S. Rosengren, Are the Distinctions between Debt and Equity Disappearing? (Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, 1990). This version contains expanded explanations of several points. Also a few anachronisms have been eliminated.
STILL SEARCHING FOR OPTIMAL CAPITAL STRUCTURE
Article first published online: 11 APR 2005
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 4–14, Spring 1993
How to Cite
Myers, S. C. (1993), STILL SEARCHING FOR OPTIMAL CAPITAL STRUCTURE. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 6: 4–14. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6622.1993.tb00369.x
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!