Earlier versions of this article were presented as a keynote speech at the First Joint Conference of the NFA (Nippon Finance Association) and APFA (Asia-Pacific Finance Association) on July 22, 1998, in Tokyo, and at the plenary session of the Eighth International Economics Convention of the Korea Economic Association and the Korea-America Economic Association on August 18, 1998 in Seoul. This article also draws on two previous papers I co-authored with Vijay Singal: “Stock Market Openings: Experience of Emerging Economies,” University of Michigan working paper (1998); and “Are Open Markets Good for Foreign Investors and Emerging Nations?”Journal of Applied Corporate Finance Vol. 10, No. 3, Fall 1997. I would like to acknowledge helpful comments from Daniel Ebels and the editor Don Chew.
GLOBALIZATION OF CAPITAL MARKETS AND THE ASIAN FINANCIAL CRISIS
Article first published online: 12 APR 2005
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 30–39, Fall 1998
How to Cite
Kim, E. H. (1998), GLOBALIZATION OF CAPITAL MARKETS AND THE ASIAN FINANCIAL CRISIS. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 11: 30–39. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6622.1998.tb00500.x
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 12 APR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!