We talked with various people, including current and former officers of Union Bank of Switzerland and BZ Bank. For obvious reasons, some of them wish to remain anonymous. Various pieces of information were collected from the daily newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Listing all the articles used would clutter the text unnecessarily, but we would be glad to provide the appropriate references to the interested reader. We are grateful to an anonymous referee, Thomas Lys, Kurt Schiltknecht, Roger Trunz, and, particularly, Roger Kunz for detailed comments. Stock return data were kindly provided by BZ Bank and Union Bank of Switzerland.
WHEN SHAREHOLDERS CHOOSE NOT TO MAXIMIZE VALUE: THE UNION BANK OF SWITZERLAND'S 1994 PROXY FIGHT
Article first published online: 6 APR 2005
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
Volume 12, Issue 3, pages 91–102, Fall 1999
How to Cite
Loderer, C. and Zgraggen, P. (1999), WHEN SHAREHOLDERS CHOOSE NOT TO MAXIMIZE VALUE: THE UNION BANK OF SWITZERLAND'S 1994 PROXY FIGHT. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 12: 91–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6622.1999.tb00034.x
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!