This article is a slightly shorter version of an article originally appearing in the American Journal of Comparative Law, Vol. 53 (Winter 2005), which has granted permission to publish this version. Many of the references to specific legal provisions and cases have been omitted; those interested in such references are urged to consult the original. We wish to express our appreciation for the comments of Herbert Hax, Christian Kirchner, and the other participants at the Corporate Governance Workshop of the Center for the Study of New Institutional Economics, University of Saarland, Saarbrücken, Germany, October 25, 2002, and of Ron Gilson and Richard Phillips.
Taking Shareholder Protection Seriously? Corporate Governance in the U.S. and Germany
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2005
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 44–63, Fall 2005
How to Cite
Baums, T. and Scott, K. E. (2005), Taking Shareholder Protection Seriously? Corporate Governance in the U.S. and Germany. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 17: 44–63. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6622.2005.00060.x
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!