This article is based on a research report put out by Henry McVey and his team in August 2005 titled “A Family Portrait.” The report benefited greatly from the contributions of Parul Saini, David McNellis, Frances Lim, and Nicole Davison. A number of Morgan Stanley analysts shared their insights on family companies: David Adelman, Douglas Arthur, Lloyd Byrne, Scott Coleman, Nigel Dally, Scott Davis, Chris Gutek, Matt Ostrower, Robert Ottenstein, Bill Pecoriello, Jamie Rollo, Jami Rubin, Stephen Volkmann, and Mark Wiltamuth. Damaris Skouras also provided invaluable insight into family-run companies. Any remaining errors are the responsibility of the authors alone.
U.S. Family-Run Companies–They May Be Better Than You Think
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2005
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 134–143, Fall 2005
How to Cite
McVey, H. and Draho, J. (2005), U.S. Family-Run Companies–They May Be Better Than You Think. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 17: 134–143. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6622.2005.00067.x
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!